vb:literal>

Thread: Inexpensive way to go Paperless

Default Inexpensive way to go Paperless

For those who want to go paperless but don't want to spend 100's of dollars or a ppc or pda try this:

http://www.midnightbox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    For those who want to go paperless but don't want to spend 100's of dollars or a ppc or pda try this:

http://www.midnightbox.com/
    For awhile I thought you were setting us up . . . sort of like your "paper" Magellan pic that you posted a year or so ago. Do you still have that pic incidentally?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Looks a lot like the WOOT site.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun : For those who want to go paperless but don't want to spend 100's of dollars or a ppc or pda try this

Okay, I really don't get it. Some sort of Disney vacation raffle?

If you didn't have a decent posting history here, I'd suspect this as spam; giving you the benefit of the doubt - What gives?
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

Quote Originally Posted by ribnag View Post
    Trezurs*-R-*Fun : For those who want to go paperless but don't want to spend 100's of dollars or a ppc or pda try this

Okay, I really don't get it. Some sort of Disney vacation raffle?

If you didn't have a decent posting history here, I'd suspect this as spam; giving you the benefit of the doubt - What gives?
    Obviously you didn't click the link ,,,,it brings you to an inexpensive PDA. (PDA = Personal Data Assistant. You can put software on it that tracks the caches you have and have not been too so you don't have to print them out on paper.)

I think it would behoove you to take things at face value and quit being so paranoid. I was pointing out something I thought others, obviously not you, might be interested in. It happens all the time on this site .
    Last edited by Trezurs*-R-*Fun; 04-19-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

Yes I don't know what the problem was regarding that link. Heck we all post links here all the time regarding some aspect of geocaching and this is certainly no different. Thanks for the link TRF and I bookmarked it as well. You have to lighten up Ribnag. He was just pointing out a great deal on a PDA to be used for caching and a great deal it is.

Just a guess here on my part . . . but there is a small banner at the top of the page above the PDA (which came up both times with me fine) that says something about watching this site for the special coupon for a Disney vacation . . . I may be going out on a limb here, but is it possible that this Disney vacation coupon may pop up unexpectedly on a "timer" and Ribnag may have clicked into the site at the same time that the Disney vacation coupon was popped up on to the screen . . . just a possibility?

Correction . . . I am right . . . just clicked back to the site and ended up with an ad for the Disney vacation so Ribnag isn't going crazy as he did see a Disney ad when he clicked on the link, TRF isn't trying to hawk Disney vacations and all is right in the world (I honestly think Ribnag wasn't trying to get anyone stirred up about this . . . rather he was confused when the cheap PDA link turned out to be a Disney and while a cheap PDA might have interested him a trip to Disney probably would not.) Let's all try to play nice and realize that sometimes mistakes happen.

Here's a pic from a screen capture . . . just to show that Ribnag was not being facetious, sarcastic, etc. and was in fact curious as to what was going on.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

It's a website that sells things along with all kinds of other articles including the PDA. This Disney offer was just one of them. Not a big deal. If you look at the bottom of our website page you will see other sites hawking their goods as well. I'm sure if Rick thought it was spamming he would have mentioned something about it. No harm done. If you go directly to the link that TRF posted it will bring you to the PDA, if you bookmark it and then use that link it will bring you to the particular product that is currently selling which was indeed the Disney coupon.....just for clarification.
    Last edited by Haffy; 04-19-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks FFJ, you had me wondering if I had lost my mind when I saw the first few responses to my question. Your picture shows pretty much what I got when I clicked that link.

No trouble-stirring or offense intended to anyone - I seriously never saw a PDA at that link (I still don't - today I see a USB thumbdrive - but I think I get the idea now, they have some sort of deal-of-the day thing going in?).

I also didn't mean to accuse TRF of spamming, more a matter of "I don't get the joke". Apparently, only I got the joke, everyone else saw the right page.
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

Current box today is an ethernet adapter as I too checked and was a bit confused at least the ethernet adapter for wifi makes more sense then a disney vacation.

I wonder if the pda will come back?