vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: True story

Default RE: True story

Today I was driving down (well actually up) a one-way street in front of Bangor's City Hall when a woman in a large van was driving down the one way street . . . I rolled down my window and politely informed her that she was driving the wrong way down a one-way street to which she replied (and I kid you not), "My Tom Tom says to go this way" . . . to which I glibly replied, "Well I'm JJ and JJ says not to go this way."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Just follow the arrow!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

Hey Jake I saw you today over by the airport in the passenger seat of a fire car. I was waving and either you didnt see me or you where ignoring me so that the guy driving wouldnt know that you knew me.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Today I was driving down (well actually up) a one-way street in front of Bangor's City Hall when a woman in a large van was driving down the one way street . . . I rolled down my window and politely informed her that she was driving the wrong way down a one-way street to which she replied (and I kid you not), "My Tom Tom says to go this way" . . . to which I glibly replied, "Well I'm JJ and JJ says not to go this way."
    LOL!!! I'd like to see her explain that one to the cops...

TomTom (do not pass) Go (to jail)

I wonder if her car was also equipped with BlondeStar...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Hey Jake I saw you today over by the airport in the passenger seat of a fire car. I was waving and either you didnt see me or you where ignoring me so that the guy driving wouldnt know that you knew me.
    Speakin of passin in traffic... are you still a driving instructor? I passed a drivers-ed car up by the airport the other day and the guy looked like you... thought about clippin the mirrors but that stupid better judgment thing came into play...

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Speakin of passin in traffic... are you still a driving instructor? I passed a drivers-ed car up by the airport the other day and the guy looked like you... thought about clippin the mirrors but that stupid better judgment thing came into play...

Yup still influencing young minds behind the wheel.
    Probably I have been driving all week. Spring break. Next week back to the 12 hr. days. This week has been nice only nine hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Well I was out and about today . . . helped inspect a gas fireplace, Bobo's and then the Home Show . . . I'm pretty oblivious to what folks are doing in a vehicle . . . you could have mooned me and I wouldn't have noticed -- really, I pay more attention to what the vehicle and traffic is doing rather than what the people in the vehicle are doing . . . true story . . . a few years ago I was driving south with my wife and in Massachusetts two women in a car drove my my 4Runner with the Firefighter plates and supposedly one of them flashed me . . . at least that's what my wife tells me since I completely missed the show.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well I was out and about today . . . helped inspect a gas fireplace, Bobo's and then the Home Show . . . I'm pretty oblivious to what folks are doing in a vehicle . . . you could have mooned me and I wouldn't have noticed -- really, I pay more attention to what the vehicle and traffic is doing rather than what the people in the vehicle are doing . . . true story . . . a few years ago I was driving south with my wife and in Massachusetts two women in a car drove my my 4Runner with the Firefighter plates and supposedly one of them flashed me . . . at least that's what my wife tells me since I completely missed the show.
    ... but the evidence on Jakes camera phone tells otherwise.

... but the evidence on Jakes camera phone tells otherwise.
    No, honestly I missed the entire show . . . and my wife has a cell phone, but it's an old one and we rarely use it . . . in fact I have no idea of what the cell phone number is. I can tell you that my wife didn't miss seeing the show and she was a bit ticked off.

LOL!!! I'd like to see her explain that one to the cops...

TomTom (do not pass) Go (to jail)

I wonder if her car was also equipped with BlondeStar...
    You guys are so funny!

That is HYSTERICAL! LMAO
    I work for the company that supplies the maps for Tom Tom and that street w/o the oneways is definitely a no no. Would you remember the name of that street Jake? And your response to her BTW was perfect!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”