vb:literal>

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Quote Originally Posted by addisonbr View Post
    just for kicks I've started working on a bookmark list of the caches with the most finds in each state
    Here's the first draft... Subject to amendment of course.

Most Found Caches by State and Country

There's also a link in the bookmark to some oddball stats you may or may not find interesting...

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Cheers,
    addisonbr

Default Stats have been updated!

Busy week - we have crossed 800,000 available caches worldwide and 5000 published Maine caches. And, we will be crossing 4000 available Maine caches in the near future!

Maine Geocaching Stats
    Last edited by brdad; 05-26-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Busy week - we have crossed 800,000 available caches worldwide and 5000 published Maine caches. And, we will be crossing 4000 available Maine caches in the near future!
    Sheesh! So many lightposts, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! So many lightposts, so little time...
    Okay, we can't have any bashing of micros here, it's just not right and it's unjustified. After all, of the 35 new caches placed last week, ONE was a regular size.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Okay, we can't have any bashing of micros here, it's just not right and it's unjustified. After all, of the 35 new caches placed last week, ONE was a regular size.
    What a shame!!! I'ts not like the good Ole days is it Dave? And I'm not bashing micros at all it's just that it seems people are just not putting the effort into hiding caches like they used to anymore.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'm not hatin' on the micros, but it is disheartening. It's getting harder and harder to get rid of the TBs and coins I'm always carrying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    I'm not hatin' on the micros, but it is disheartening. It's getting harder and harder to get rid of the TBs and coins I'm always carrying around.
    I do have to admit... There aren't that many nice, scenic locations left to place an ammo can anymore! LOL! (But RuLost2? and I know of a couple...)

We'll put out a few in the next couple of weeks.

And here's an idea: maybe some of the newer cachers that are looking for a good place to place a cache could check the archived Maine caches to see if the location could be "reused". Ca't think of any off the top of my head, but I know there must be some nice locations where the cache has been archived for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I do have to admit... There aren't that many nice, scenic locations left to place an ammo can anymore! LOL! (But RuLost2? and I know of a couple...)
    There are many many places left that are suitable for ammo boxes - perhaps not all are in sight of Mt. Katahdin or Maine's coast but they are very worthy locations - If anyone is having a hard time to find a place suitable, I will be glad to look up on my maps and the list of archived caches to help them place a full size cache. I can think of several places off the top of my head in the Bangor area as well.

All it takes is a little research, forethought, and imagination to place a cache that will create memories for a large percentage of the finders.

Maine has 5000+ lakes and ponds, 2,589 mountain peaks and summits, 3000+ miles of coastline, 4,613 coastal islands - you can't convince me all the good spots are gone!
    Last edited by brdad; 05-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

There are many many places left that are suitable for ammo boxes - perhaps not all are in sight of Mt. Katahdin or Maine's coast but they are very worthy locations - If anyone is having a hard time to find a place suitable, I will be glad to look up on my maps and the list of archived caches to help them place a full size cache. I can think of several places off the top of my head in the Bangor area as well.
    Sheesh! Cool as a moose! I just hope that someone interested in placing a NICE cache will ask for a suggested location.

Sheesh! How about a "Campaign for Traditional Caches"?

Dubord has enlightened me to a slight error in my code regarding the milestone hide calculations - I will try and have those fixed by the next run!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!