vb:literal>

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    Is There A Way To Give Stats On How Many Caches Done In One Day By All Maine Geocachers?
    Since I only get the stats every week, I think I could figure out how many caches were logged, as well as how many logs were written in a week. I'll have to add that to my list of possible additions. There is no way I could tell if the logs were made by Maine geocachers, however.

I can tell you, 1565 different caches were logged last week.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Is That Just Maine Caches?

Yes, 1565 different Maine caches. It includes all logged caches, So "Will Attend" counts as does DNFs and Published - any logs.
    In other words, a little less than half of Maine's active caches got at least one log of some kind last week.

At the bottom of the home page of gc.com they give similar statistics. Today it states "There are 794,644 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 736,400 new logs written by 90,280 account holders."
    Last edited by brdad; 05-08-2009 at 02:24 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Maine cache timeline map

Here is a map showing the growth of caches by year. I think I can sleep now.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default 3 more for 5000 published caches!

Stats have been updated!

Only 3 caches away from 5000 published caches! I would imagine that milestone will come before today is over.

We are inching closer to 4000 available caches, 79 to go! I'd gamble that would happen within a few weeks, but it may take longer depending on how many caches Gob-ler archives versus how many get adopted.

Maine Geocaching Stats
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

What a cool map with the caches -by-year! Thanks for that brdad!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Appreciation

I've said it in the past....and I think it bears repeating. Thanks for all the stats, maps, links and overall assistance that you give. It's greatly appreciated.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    I've said it in the past....and I think it bears repeating. Thanks for all the stats, maps, links and overall assistance that you give. It's greatly appreciated.
    I fully agree!

I know Brdad quite well, and am always surprised that he doesn't wear thick, black rimmed glasses and have a plastic pocket protector in his shirt pocket.

Default Wicked!

I heard Haffy say once that there's a lot more caches to grab now then before he left for warmer climes and those maps bear the truth. That's a really cool map! I just sent 6 new ones to Tom for review so maybe we'll hit 5000 tonight. Amazing how this game has evolved!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I fully agree!

I know Brdad quite well, and am always surprised that he doesn't wear thick, black rimmed glasses and have a plastic pocket protector in his shirt pocket.

Lee does dress me well! And thanks for that calculator watch and for helping me with my hairpiece!

Thanks again to all for the kind words.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-12-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!