vb:literal>

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Chadd I see where you got confused....

Brdad=Dave

Brad=Brad

You're not the first one to do that, believe me...
    Does Dave have an orange jeep too? Oh, I hope brdad isn't suggesting that Di and I just do "easy" caches because we do them all. We happen to be among the elite 89 cachers that did Battleship! But if we are the LPC leader I need to know so I can put the on my resume!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Sorry! For some reason I thought that was your Yellow JK in some photos on Facebook. Maybe I have names confused. No clue! I guess that was Maniac1957s! Many apologies.....
    Heck no, I'd never have a yellow one. Yellow is for older people.
    And yes, Brad is right. We do get confused a lot. Err, other people confuse us a lot. Err, both statements are true.

If you're suggegsting we have a stat on how many off road caches we have, GSAk can tell you that easily now, as accurately as attributes can, anyway. Currently 187 caches as listed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Does Dave have an orange jeep too? Oh, I hope brdad isn't suggesting that Di and I just do "easy" caches because we do them all. We happen to be among the elite 89 cachers that did Battleship! But if we are the LPC leader I need to know so I can put the on my resume!
    Ok... I'm stupified again, why orange?

No, I wasn't suggesting that, but it's very tough to get higher numbers without doing a fair amount of easy ones. Good luck finding anyone's finds that average anywhere near or over a 2/2, including my own.

Even in the pre-micro spew era, my average was hovering just over 2/2. Hmm, that might actually be a neat stat, how the D/T has varied over the years....
    Last edited by brdad; 01-19-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default D/T history

Here's a quick history of changes in D/T for each year placed.

Year........Avg D........Avg T

I am guessing (And hoping!) the real low numbers for 2010 are because it is Winter and not many higher D/T caches get placed this time of year.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-19-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Heck no, I'd never have a yellow one. Yellow is for older people.
    And yes, Brad is right. We do get confused a lot. Err, other people confuse us a lot. Err, both statements are true.

If you're suggegsting we have a stat on how many off road caches we have, GSAk can tell you that easily now, as accurately as attributes can, anyway. Currently 187 caches as listed as such.

Ok... I'm stupified again, why orange?

No, I wasn't suggesting that, but it's very tough to get higher numbers without doing a fair amount of easy ones. Good luck finding anyone's finds that average anywhere near or over a 2/2, including my own.

Even in the pre-micro spew era, my average was hovering just over 2/2. Hmm, that might actually be a neat stat, how the D/T has varied over the years....
    The "orange" is just what I've called Brad's new Jeep since he got it. I know it's yellow, but heck I didn't know LEO ='s COPS so who knows what I'll get wrong next!

I know some cachers have their GSAK stats attached to their geo.com profile. If I knew how to do that, then I could bare my geocaching soul to the universe! Is there an article on how to do that Dave?

Speaking of "off road" caches.... no one seems to be active in the Off Roading Forum. Too bad.... I'd bet that my percentage of off road caches that I have actually driven right up to, is rather high.... wanna see my rig? ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I know some cachers have their GSAK stats attached to their geo.com profile. If I knew how to do that, then I could bare my geocaching soul to the universe! Is there an article on how to do that Dave?
    You may be surprised, but I have the stats on my profile as well. It's not about the numbers, it's about the stats! Actually I play with the Find Stats macro to figure out how to do things when people ask... Take a look, I have most every feature enabled as well as some extra maps many don't add. Pay no attention to the hacked find count.

Running the stats is pretty straightforward and after it runs it opens the data in your web browser and also copies the entire HTML to the Window's clipboard so you can just paste it into your profile. I have thought about writing an article, but Lignumaqua has a great help article already made up for it at http://gsak.net/stats/help/options.html, as well as a detailed FAQ page.

If you want to, go ahead and install the macro and try it out, I will try and assist you from there. Might be worthy of it's own thread, others may be interested as well.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Done!

Thanks Dave, I managed to get all of that downloaded onto my profile at geo.com. Jim Stacey also helped walk me through it. So it's there, not sure what it means, but I didn't see anything about measuring all the fun I've had, but that would be a 99% plus factor. I'll see what you think and whether I'm truly the LPC king!

Well, I tell you what. You find a few friends and go out and waypoint every light pole in Maine, and I'll make an article of caches near each of them!

Stats look good, now you just gotta add in the sections for elevation, the stats on your placed caches, and some cool maps.

And you're right, just like the Maine stats can't tell if a cache is lame or good or if you'll have fun at them, your stats won't show how much fun you had or how hard or easy a job it was to find any one of them. Only you know that.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-19-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Stats have been updated!

Somebody mentioned to me or posted that there are caches in every Delorme Map grid now, but my stats don't show that. I guess I'll have to check into that....

Maine Geocaching Stats
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Stats are correct now. They were correct before, but my FTP code needed some adjusting.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!