vb:literal>

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I always liked how you do those. What's your secret?
    Oddly enough, I used to do it with Watcher - one of it's cool features. Once I realized GSAK couldn't do it, I created a macro so it would!

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=6485&hl=

If you want to try it and need help installing or assigning a toolbar button to it, let me know.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs up Oh like this.

Come to my CitoThe 4th Annual Penobscot River Clean-up (GC1A0GD) by Maine Geocachers (1.5/1.5)
    Happy Trails!

Talking Sweet!!!!

Thanks Dave. Now I can be one of the cool kids too.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Thanks Dave. Now I can be one of the cool kids too.
    You got it! And no mistyped linky!

Your post makes me think, however - for event caches, it might be neat to include the type of event and the date....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Get right on that computer guru Dave....

Sounds like you have more code to write. I certainly haven't any clue.
    Happy Trails!

Default New Stats

Thanks to a new and improved SQLite capability in GSAK macros, I am working on creating the stats page almost entirely from GSAK instead of Excel. It takes over 20 minutes to do the calculations in Excel, I am guessing it will take GSAK about 3 or 4 minutes when I am finished.

So the stats have been updated today using what I have programmed through GSAK so far. One of the features of the next version of GSAK is county data, which you can obtain using the beta version. So I have added some county data to the stats.

Maine cache Stats
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Thanks again Dad for all your hard work and GSAK certainly does make things a lot easier now doesn't it? I remember the day not too long ago when you stated that GSAK was just not your cup of tea....... Things do change don't they?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Thanks again Dad for all your hard work and GSAK certainly does make things a lot easier now doesn't it? I remember the day not too long ago when you stated that GSAK was just not your cup of tea....... Things do change don't they?
    Technology changes quickly. Probably by the time I get this the way I want, I'll be able to just download the data to my wristwatch!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Downloaded Milestone Hides section as per Tat's suggestion.
    Also added "placed by..." for the first caches in the county stats, also per Tat's suggestion.

Also added Number of "Caches Placed by Day of Week" and "Caches Placed by Month" and "Caches Placed by Year"
    Last edited by brdad; 07-29-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I've been picking away at a project which takes a database of all caches ever published in Maine and spits out an HTML file and a few graphs and maps of Maine cache statistics. It's nearly fully automated, so I should be able to easily update it every so often. It may still have a few bugs, so let me know if you think there's an error or see anything spelled incorrectly.

The page can be accessed from the articles menu on the main page or here:

Maine Geocaching Stats

Feel free to use this thread to post your comments or suggestions.
    Hey Dad is there a way that I can incorporate this into a South Carolina macro? I'm sure there is but where does one start? Thanks Haffy

Oh and by the way I have a new email address too. It's For some unknown reason I have lost and can't get back my former email address from Yahoo. This is for everyone else's information as well in here too.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.