vb:literal>

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hey Dad is there a way that I can incorporate this into a South Carolina macro? I'm sure there is but where does one start? Thanks Haffy

Oh and by the way I have a new email address too. It's hjfhfhjgfhj@ytuitioyoiy.com For some unknown reason I have lost and can't get back my former email address from Yahoo. This is for everyone else's information as well in here too.
    It could be with a little editing. The problem is that for much of the information to be accurate, you need to have every cache ever published in the area. While that's easy for existing caches, getting together and maintaining the archived caches is not easy, and they have to be updated on a regular basis.

PS: It's not a good idea to post your email on a web page; you should post an altered version of it like haffy AT ymail DOT com if you do.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Added Most caches hidden in one day & Month
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Maine has passed 3000 available caches

Good or bad, Maine has crossed another milestone. 3000 Available caches!

I have added some Delorme map grids stats.

Also added number of caches placed by the top hiders in the county and Delorme grids. This isn't perfect yet, but works fine if there isn't a 'tie'.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

This is a really fun log of records to look through from time to time. Thanks for your work putting it out and keeping it current!

Talking Tell the truth Dave..

You keep a bevy of geeks and accountants chained up in the basement to do all the stats for you.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    You keep a bevy of geeks and accountants chained up in the basement to do all the stats for you.
    That would be the easy way out. That's just not my style! I'd rather write 1752 lines of code, 8005 words so far...

But it's much easier now than doing it with Excel!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Updated Stats

Updated the stats again - this new process is much easier!

Added Maine's percentage of caches worldwide. Anything else you might like to see?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Yeah how bout doing the same thing for SC...... Just kidding, but it sure would be nice to have something like this for this state as well. I just don't have the resources to attempt anything like that.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Yeah how bout doing the same thing for SC...... Just kidding, but it sure would be nice to have something like this for this state as well. I just don't have the resources to attempt anything like that.
    I was thinking about this... It would be possible to create a version that just did stats for available caches. Instead of first cache, you'd have oldest available cache, and there would be no stats on archived caches. Whether I want to do the editing for that, I don't know... Certainly not this week.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Cool here's the link

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Updated the stats again - this new process is much easier!

Added Maine's percentage of caches worldwide. Anything else you might like to see?
    Cool beans! http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index...ge=maine_stats
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods