vb:literal>

Thread: Road Testers Needed

Default Road Testers Needed

Thought you might like to try this:

http://dash.net/roadtest.php
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Kind of a neat concept.

I think it'd be great in higher traffic places. Not sure how well it could determine traffic off the Golden Road ;-)

I was thinking there might be internet fees, but the survey suggests it might be updated via WIFI from yuor house.

I wonder if you can load GPX files to it.
    There are a few reviews and articles of the unit on gpsreview.net
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    There are a few reviews and articles of the unit on gpsreview.net
    Thanks for the mention. It should be an interesting product. One of the highlights is that they will be using anonymous data from their devices to build traffic information. However until they get a mass user-base that information will be sparse. So in the interim they will apparently be partnering with Inrix to provide them with traffic data.

What is interesting about Inrix is that they have a similar method of data collection. In addition to traditional traffic data gathering (reactive) they have a huge amount of data for traffic prediction. So you can ask their database "what time will I need to leave Portland tomorrow morning to get to Boston Logan airport by 11:00 am?" Their database will then look at the day of week, the month, the time you will be on the road, any special events (like sports games or concerts), etc and come up with the time you should leave by.

It will be interesting to see what kind of data Dash might use from Inrix, and what they are developing on their own. I've been in contact with Dash and they seem poised to deliver some really innovative technology.