vb:literal>

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Maine Geocoin

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Cudos for all the dittos!
    Ditto

I have been thinking of making up a coin with the new Penobscot Narrows Bridge on it.

Anyone else thought along those lines?

I think the unique shaped coins are much more popular than a regular round coin. They are highly sought after, especially if it represents something of interest.

I love the irregular shaped coins . . . much more interesting!

OK, here are the coin updates. Finally got a price.
    For a 1.5" diameter coin with 8 soft enamel colors, polished finish, laser etching for tracking numbers, 3-D die we are looking at $5.10 per coin. I'm still working out mailing costs, they changed from the last coin. These coins will have an icon and be trackable.
    Questions:
    -What do we want for an icon? Outline of the state of Maine? I would like the design on the website, Maine quartered with the Geocaching colors, but I think I read on the forums that GC won't approve a logo with their color scheme, though I might be wrong.
    -I noticed that Coins&Pins put www.geocaching.com on the bottom of the coin. Last coin said geocachingmaine.org, which I like better. Input?
    -I like the idea of "Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure", avoids the topic of a copywrited company name of the same( Northern Maine), but I'm not sure if it will fit.
    -There have been a couple of people suggest a 'shaped' coin instead of round. How do people feel about this. If we use the round one, we already have the front die made and the cost will be lower, but the shaped ones can look pretty cool.
    -Anything I've left out? I should have mailing costs done by the start of next week and I'd like to put something out for order if we can agree on the coin.
    Comments?

I would like to see Maine quartered with the Geocaching colors for an icon. If you could research that more, because I think that would be the best choice.
    I noticed that Coins&Pins put www.geocaching.com on the bottom of the coin. Last coin said geocachingmaine.org, which I like better.
    I think that since we are tracking it now that we should have the www.geocaching.com on the coin on the tracking side (backside). We already have GeocachingMaine.org on the front of the coin, so I thin the web site that people go to to track it should be on the back side with the tracking number.
    There have been a couple of people suggest a 'shaped' coin instead of round. How do people feel about this. If we use the round one, we already have the front die made and the cost will be lower, but the shaped ones can look pretty cool.
    I say stick with the round coin. This way all we have to do each time we create a new one is design a new back.

One other think I did notice is that Tess put the year on the back of the coin. I know we have a spot on the front of the coin where we had the year put last time we had a coin done. Are we going to remove that from the front now and start putting it on the back from now on? The next coin we design may not have room to put the year on the back depending on the design. I think we should stick with the year on the front of the coin like we did the last one to make it more uniform. What do others think on this?

Blazing Troll

Groundspeak's Current Coin Tracking Policy, Coin Tracking Requirements

I'd like to stick to our colors for the icon, but gc.com can verify if that is ok. From what I read in that link, they just don't want a modified version of their logo.
    I think a shaped coin might be a great idea for another year, but it's almost July, let's have a 2007 coin in 2007.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default And my vote is

I am saying Ditto to all of Rick's comments. I also am in favor of the GC Maine logo as the icon. If it is allowed.
    Happy Trails!

d’76 Guest

Ditto to Rick and Brad

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ...they just don't want a modified version of their logo.
    I talked to GPSfun and he thought our logo would be OK. That was quite a while ago though.