vb:literal>

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Maine Geocoin

I do all my shipping online too through USPS with my shirts I sell on my web sites. It is cheaper. You can print the paid mailing labels and gets them insured if you want and they come to your house to picked them up.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I went to the USPS site, but there was some reason last time why I packed peanuts in the envelope making it over 1/4" thick. I think I got a better rate, but I'll find out tomorrow. I know that with my account, I can get free delivery confirmation when I print my postage online (and it makes it a lot easier not filling out the confirmation tags and waiting in line at the post office) but with lots of envelopes going out I want to make sure the quote is correct. Hate to give a price, collect the money and find out that I'm short on shipping.
    Now I remember why I had to pack the stupid styrofoam in the envelopes. You can only get delivery confirmation if it's a "package" and has to be over 3/4".
    Looks like coin prices are going to be:
    1. Picked up locally (Bangor) or other non-mailing plans $5.50/coin
    2. Mailed in the U.S. $5.75/coin + $2.75 shipping for the order (regardless of coin quantity)
    3. International, email me (I think last time it was around $5.00, may have gone up a buck)

OK, just to recap the story so far....
    the coin is 1.5" diameter, trackable on GC.com (and has an icon of the state of Maine with the GC colors in it, Tess@coins&pins says that GC approves of our use of their colors on the icon)
    The metal is antiqued bronze and the front of the coin is the same as the 2005 model. (Says "GeocachingMaine.org" on the top and "The Way Caching Should Be" on the bottom).
    -->One thing to decide on...In the center of the front is an outline of Maine with the serial number of the coin on it ('05 model) Our design for this year has the year and tracking numbers on the back. Do we want to move the the year to the front? Not sure if we have room to put the tracking on the front in the old spot.
    The phrase on the back for this year. People seem to have settled on "Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure" but not sure if there's room. On the '05 coin we had "MAINE'S FIRST GEOCACHE" on the top of the coin, and "GC128 - Fort Williams Cache" on the bottom. Seems like we have plenty of room for the new phrase.
    If this all sounds good, I'll have Tess do up a final image and post it. What do you think???

Here are my thoughts.

Since we have the raised square spot on the front of the coin I think we should continue to put the year in that spot and keep it uniform with last years. The other things is, if we do not put the year in the spot on the front then it will be a raised spot with nothing on it and it will look kind of funny.

I say keep the year on the front and put the tracking number on the back.
    Blazing Troll

I like the year on front and tracking number on back.

Can't wait to get them!

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I like the year on front and tracking number on back.

Can't wait to get them!
    Ditto! Put them into the hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Here are my thoughts.

Since we have the raised square spot on the front of the coin I think we should continue to put the year in that spot and keep it uniform with last years. The other things is, if we do not put the year in the spot on the front then it will be a raised spot with nothing on it and it will look kind of funny.

I say keep the year on the front and put the tracking number on the back.
    On the '05 coin, the date was actually on the back and the serial number was on the front, but you make a good point about the raised spot on the front. I think moving the date to that spot on the front would be a good idea. I have a message in at C&P for Tess to call me. I want to get a picture from them with all the stuff in the recap to put out for comments.

I am leaving for a trip to the origonal stash in september, would love to have one to put in the mother of all caches . . .
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

My goal is to have these all mailed out before 15 September, if I can get the image from C&P to post for everyone's approval.

OK, I'm new, I'm confused. Do we buy these from Coins and Pins or through you????