vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etna Bog disabled...

Default Etna Bog disabled...

I thought it was interesting that Etna Bog was disabled by the owner. The reason given was that the roads were taking a beating. Will be interesting to see if this one comes back online.

Etna Bog

I saw that. Hopefully it will come back. I also see Smitty & Company disabled all theirs so they could dedicate more time to a new house. I wish them luck with that project and hope to see those caches return soon. A few good memories there as well as in Etna Bog.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

wow, hadn't seen that. We wish S&C all the best as well. Hope to have them back soon!

I emailed S&C to see if there was anything we can do to help....will update all when I hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I emailed S&C to see if there was anything we can do to help....will update all when I hear back.
    Emailed it twice using gc.com and regular email and both were returned.

Emailed it twice using gc.com and regular email and both were returned.
    Perhaps they cancelled their internet account. You could just post the note to one of the cache pages and they might get it that way.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Etna Bog

I thought it was interesting that Etna Bog was disabled by the owner. The reason given was that the roads were taking a beating. Will be interesting to see if this one comes back online.

Etna Bog
    I have a lot of fond memories from the trip to Etna Bog. That was fun! Even Troy liked it, after he woke up on the way home.
    I too hope it comes back.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

WOW I don't understand it. The group that went to find the cache after WWWWWW3 on Feb 17 were the last ones to log it. We left nothing but footprints in the snow.

It certainly doesn't look like geocachers are the ones causing the beat up roads.

Can someone enlighten the city cat?

A house is not a home without a cat.

The owner didn't state that the goecachers were beating up the roads, I just think that he wants to give the road a break from any traffic that might make it any worse. I'm sure it will go back up once the condition of the road improves.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

brdad : I wish them luck with that project and hope to see those caches return soon.

Well, I accidentally discovered this weekend that they haven't actually pulled the caches from the field, so...

Good thing, too, as some of them (including the one I did yesterday without realizing they had decommissioned all their caches) have otherwise-stranded TBs and/or coins in them.

So, etiquette survey time - If someone has disabled their caches for reasons you know have nothing to do with safety or physical availability, do they still count as semi-fair game to anyone willing to look? And does it change the answer if they have TBs stranded in them (which seems a bit unfair to the owner of those TBs, IMO)?
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

Default Sure it's OK

You can go looking for any cache that you want. Unless the cache has been disabled or archived for reasons of trespassing or danger! We have on several ocassions gone looking for archived caches, to rid the woods of geo-junk. TAT always carries the coords for these caches. Some of the places were really beautiful. The river in Seboomook comes to mind. Good luck!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.