vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak after Pig Roast?

Default Kayak after Pig Roast?

We need feedback on the kayak trip on Sunday following the Pig Roast. The only thing to keep in mind is that I need to be back home early enough to clean out the pig roaster to return it Monday morning.

Here was what we were going to post in the write-up. If anyone else has any suggestion please post them. I would like it to be fairly close though.

Oh, and we have removed the rapids from the trip.

We are putting together a small paddling trip on Cobbosseecontee Stream and heading to Pleasant Pond.

Where we decide to put our water crafts in will decide on how long of a paddle it will be. The paddle could be as short as 2 miles to Pleasant Pond and then back or it could be as long at 6 miles to Pleasant Pond and then back. There are even options for those that want to make it longer then this. They could paddle to Gardiner to they could paddle to the south end of Pleasant Pond. Either way there are options for everyone, whether it be a short paddle or a long one.
    Blazing Troll

Rik -

This sounds like great fun. We won't be able to make it. We will be helping Bowdoin College pick up and clean up from their huge yard sale.

We will be there for the piggy roast and the slip n slide and the fun and the laughs.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Thumbs up All about you!

Since it is all about you Rick. That sounds great! I just needed to keep Troy out of any rapids. I love paddling and we can go for as long as we like. I would like to be back early enough for the afternoon barbeque and leftovers like last year........ hehehehe I'll be glad to help clean out the cooker.

I can't wait! I'll be bringing 1manteam and we will be camping out.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I need to know what would be a good time to have everyone meet to start off this trip in the morning? Is 9 am to early or to late? I can not remember what time we all met last year. Maybe someone cane help me remember?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I need to know what would be a good time to have everyone meet to start off this trip in the morning? Is 9 am to early or to late? I can not remember what time we all met last year. Maybe someone cane help me remember?
    If I recall, we all woke up about sunrise and were packed up and headed to the water about 9 or 10... Will canoes be allowed
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If I recall, we all woke up about sunrise and were packed up and headed to the water about 9 or 10... Will canoes be allowed
    Ok. I will setting the meeting time for 9 am.

Yes canoes will be allowed. Anything you can passle with.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Anything you can passle with.

what you kids call it now adays is none of my business...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    what you kids call it now adays is none of my business...
    I laughed at this one-liner for about five minutes straight.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

i needed that laugh!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I don't know if any of you have noticed but the kayak trip the day after the Slipping into Summer event is now also an event too. So if you spend the night or come the next day to paddle then you will get two events in one weekend.

One other note. Cape Ann Carol has offered to bring an extra kayak if anyone would like to use one. She is not going to bring the extra one unless someone contacts her to ask her to bring it. If you would like her to bring it then you need to contact Cape Ann Carol.
    Blazing Troll