vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: A new game

Looks like and escapee from: Infamous Travel Bug Prison (I.T.B.P.) GCG1ZA

Well Jake... we're waiting.... what's page 3????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And the winner is Hiram357 . . . although many of the other answers gave me a good chuckle.

Hiram's correct answer was . . . tinfoil hat removal . . . I mean home improvement project gone wrong.

I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . . of course this is the same little voice that was telling me that the infamous rest stop outside of Ellsworth had some hinky things going on even though I couldn't quite put my finger on what was going on.)

Of course at work I can't admit what really happened so with yesterday's crew the story was I was involved in a bar fight . . . well to make it sound more realistic I said I was actually in the wrong place at the wrong time and a fight broke out and I just happened to catch a chair in the head. Today's story with a different crew will be a four-wheeling accident . . . and then on Wednesday with yet another crew I think I'll concoct another fanciful story.

And yes, TRF, blood was pouring out of my head as if I had a faucet attached to it . . . I wasn't very pretty looking . . . well I mean I'm never very pretty looking and especially not now that I look like Frankenstein, but it was a bit messy at the time.

On the flip side (and this is the truth) the doc at Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield told me I have thick skin (comes from hanging out here I guess!)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Another DNF on Old 470!
    Nice avatar brdad! I like it better than your old one.

Oh...sorry I got off topic again..

Jake you poor thing...ouch.... tell us what really happened...

"It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post

Oh...sorry I got off topic again..

Jake you poor thing...ouch.... tell us what really happened...

I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

and that's exactly why I don't believe in cutting down trees!!!!! explosives are more fun and effective... and ya don't have to stand next to the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure how long I can stick with it. I've had the other one since I started geocaching, with slight editing to adress the current topics of geocaching. Lee and I came across this guy while caching around China Lake, so I took a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . .
    Having a father who was in the logging industry for years, I'd think he'd suggest you get one of these next time:

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think I saw it step on an ammo can!!!

think I can trade my jeep in for one of those????

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    . . .

Having a father who was in the logging industry for years, I'd think he'd suggest you get one of these next time:

Pretty neat feller-buncher (spelling?) . . . I've never seen one with legs before . . . kind of reminds me of the walker/tanks in the second Star Wars movie in the battle on Genosa.

Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time and not attempt to cut a large branch while standing on a stepladder . . . or at least position the ladder better!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time and not attempt to cut a large branch while standing on a stepladder . . . or at least position the ladder better!
    Well, as well as working in the loogging industry, mine was also an OSHA crane inspector and an over-doer of most everything, especially if metal was involved. For instance, his stainless chimney liner - Them cheap flexible things you buy just weren't good enough. He proceeded to obtain some 10" diameter stainless pipe (The read deal, about 1/4" thick wall), which he then welded together to form a rigid liner just under 30 feet long. He then had a crane come and lower it down the existing brick chimney. He even had enough of the pipe left over to pipe right to the boiler. So, a mere helmet wasn't enough safety to go into the porta-john with.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."