vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: A new game

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, as well as working in the loogging industry, mine was also an OSHA crane inspector and an over-doer of most everything, especially if metal was involved. For instance, his stainless chimney liner - Them cheap flexible things you buy just weren't good enough. He proceeded to obtain some 10" diameter stainless pipe (The read deal, about 1/4" thick wall), which he then welded together to form a rigid liner just under 30 feet long. He then had a crane come and lower it down the existing brick chimney. He even had enough of the pipe left over to pipe right to the boiler. So, a mere helmet wasn't enough safety to go into the porta-john with.
    lol, that is a bit over doin it!!

funny story that fits right in here... a few weeks ago (when we still had about 3' of snow in some spots) I was at a freinds house and we were havin us a sof.. brush fire, and there were some adult beverages involved, and we decided to clean up some old fell trees (his chainsaw wasn't workin) so I grabbed a hand saw and proceded to climb the limbs that we were tryin to cut. and so there i was about 7' in the air cutting this limb (and no i wasn't cutting the part that was on the trunk while i was standing on it) but, the tree proved itself unworthy to support the weight of my body (i think you can see where this is going) so halfway through my cut, down goes the limb with me still cutting it, falling perfectly in the snow (still standing with a hand on the saw) like a stick in the mud... (we almost fell over we were laughin so hard) AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Ahh, the best stories (that happen to other people, that is) always seem to involve beer

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!!
    The fact that you were holding a beer while on the branch (while it was attached to the tree) and cutting at the same time is impressive!! The ever amazing Hiram!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    The fact that you were holding a beer while on the branch (while it was attached to the tree) and cutting at the same time is impressive!! The ever amazing Hiram!!!
    What can I say, I'm a man of many talents.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time...
    ya know, that's interesting jake, I just heard a story about you the other night that involved another time you forgot to wear a helmet... but on the other hand I was also told you guys did a pretty good job putting out the fire in record time with minimal damage and water usage...

ya know, that's interesting jake, I just heard a story about you the other night that involved another time you forgot to wear a helmet... but on the other hand I was also told you guys did a pretty good job putting out the fire in record time with minimal damage and water usage...
    Sounds like Bobby Hill has been talking!!! I hate to admit it, but yes, what you heard was probably true . . . did he also mention the fact that I didn't connect into to my air pack until I popped the door, smoke rushed out and for a brief second I was wondering why I was coughing on the sudden rush of smoke into the hallway? Over 10 years of doing this and lo and behold on that fire I was making more mistakes than a rookie going into his first fire . . . on the flip side it was an excellent save and other than a few embarassing gaffs on my part, it was a textbook fire attack.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Uh . . . just for the record I did put the helmet on after "Bobby Hill" asked me if I was going to put on my helmet that I had laid on the back of the pumper while donning my air pack. (Don't want TRF to think I was charging into a real full-blown fire without any head protection. )
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Uh . . . just for the record I did put the helmet on after "Bobby Hill" asked me if I was going to put on my helmet that I had laid on the back of the pumper while donning my air pack. (Don't want TRF to think I was charging into a real full-blown fire without any head protection. )
    lol, interesting story... I think he's the man of many nicknames, we were calling him "blender bob" the other night, he had a whole cabana bar in the back of his truck (with 2 blenders and glasses that lit up with neon lights) (so, is the "bobby hill" a king of the hilll reference?)

lol, interesting story... I think he's the man of many nicknames, we were calling him "blender bob" the other night, he had a whole cabana bar in the back of his truck (with 2 blenders and glasses that lit up with neon lights) (so, is the "bobby hill" a king of the hilll reference?)
    Yup that's the guy . . . he's a wicked good cook and yes it's a KOTH reference.

lol, that is a bit over doin it!!

........but, the tree proved itself unworthy to support the weight of my body (i think you can see where this is going) so halfway through my cut, down goes the limb with me still cutting it, falling perfectly in the snow (still standing with a hand on the saw) like a stick in the mud... (we almost fell over we were laughin so hard) AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!!
    Poor Steph...what you put her through...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”