vb:literal>

Thread: Let's All Help Smitty

Default Let's All Help Smitty

For those of us who have met Smitty & Co. they are a great family. They also have placed many great caches in the Central Maine area as well and I am proud to say they are mostly quality caches as well that will bring you to many unknown places. I think that we all have been in a situation where at one time or another we couldn't get to do proper cache maintenance. In their instance they are in the process of building a home and they can't devote any time to caching. Hopefully they can return to it in due time but as for now all of their caches are disabled. I will like to extend an invitation to all cachers out there who may have some time to maybe check on these if there is a maintenance issue that is posted in the cache page. That way they can keep them and cachers can still get the chance to visit some of these great places. I haven't been able to get in touch with them so I am sticking my neck out in posting this but hopefully we can all help out with this situation. If I am wrong about this please let me know.
    Last edited by Haffy; 05-07-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Default I disagree...

I do not think that everybody should just jump and start maintaining these caches. I think it would make sense to continue and try to make contact with the Team and find out what their wishes are. Maybe they do not want help.

Maybe not but if they need help I would hate to see them all go by the wayside. I'm not suggesting they be taken over just helped to stay intact if they need it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I completely understand where you are coming from Haffy...and I agree that we should help if that is what they want. But let's give them some time to respond and make their wishes known.

I agree with Cameo. Lets let Smitty say if he wants help or not.

There may be other issues involved. Building a house does not take ALL your time, and since most of his caches are local, it should not mean a major time involvement.