vb:literal>

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2007(pig roast)

Default Come find Cache Maine at the event...

I'm bringing my pet rock army. If you would like one of your very own, all you have to do is come find Cache Maine at the event on Saturday and tell them a very unique name for your new pet rock. If the name "rocks," then we will give you one. They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard! )

Here is a picture before we put them in their cages...

It can't be any wetter than it was at the 2nd Annual BBQ cache event (GCJB1H) by Geochicks (1/1). Anyone remember that day?

I also remember it raining at an Agamenticus event, which I didn't make it to
    Last edited by brdad; 06-08-2007 at 09:09 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It can't be any wetter than it was at the 2nd Annual BBQ cache event (GCJB1H) by Geochicks (1/1). Anyone remember that day?

I also remember it raining at an Agamenticus event, which I didn't make it to
    Yes I remember that day. That was our very first event we ever attended. We were all huddled in the little room about 1/2 the size of a one car garage. It did clear up later in the day though. I still have to say we had a good time and look where we are now. That was where the Geocaching Maine pretty much originally started.
    Blazing Troll

Default Kid's Scavenger Hunt

I would be happy to type up and print out a scavenger hunt list later today. Does anyone know how many kids are expected? approximate ages? Of course kids can team up with others or with adults.
    What would be nice is some suggestions for people on what to put on the scavenger hunt list. Having never been to an event like this, I can only imagine the possibilitites! Post them here and I will come up with a list or two. Thanks.

Default More Kid's SH....

Also, I will look through what I have for kid's swag etc... for prizes. If people are willing to bring a couple of things to throw in, the kids could choose their prize when they have completed the hunt- so everyone does win! The ones who finish first will obviously get a better choice, but with the variety of ages and choices, it should all work out. I'll also look at gathering plenty of pencils which I have plenty of, for those things they need to write and/or check off.

1. Find someone who's done an underwater cache or climbing(need ropes/gear)
    2. Someone who's gotten a cache in Europe, Asia, some far away place.
    3. Someone who's found a 5/5 cache

4. Someone who's been to Old470 at least 4 times ;-)
    5. Someone who hasn't found a LPC
    6. Someone that this is their first event.
    7. Someone who has 1000+ finds and no hides. Actually, scratch that, can't be anyone that'd do that....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

8. Someone who has signed the "Cindy the Cinderblock" tb.
    9. Someone who has more than 20 hides.
    10. A vehicle that is also a travel bug. (jot down plate number or find owner)
    11. someone who attended Geowoodstock 5.
    12. Someone who has met Jeremy Irish.

I also picked up some water guns and water balls for prizes,

see you all tomor!

Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    I also picked up some water guns and water balls for prizes,

see you all tomor!
    Yes we did that also. We bought about 10 water guns and tons of balloons and two group water sling shots and a few other assortments. The more the merrier.
    Blazing Troll