vb:literal>

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2007(pig roast)

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    The pig is on and it started cooking at about 5:30 and it should be done about 1:30 or sooner (noon) if all goes well. I only got about 1 1/2 hour sleep last night so I am going out in the woods about 50 yard behind the pig and setting up my hammock and going to take a nap. If anyone gets here and can not find anyone up yet look for the hammock behind the pig in the woods and yell.

SEWWWWEEEEE!!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I plan on bringing a watermelon. Sheesh! What's a good-old southern style barbecue without watermelon?

I'll also bring some hot sauce - can't have pork without hot sauce!

Anyone bringing the fried okra and the hush puppies???

hey, uh bruce... is that watermelon going to have a hole cut into it.... maybe pour something into it and let it sit overnight....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    hey, uh bruce... is that watermelon going to have a hole cut into it.... maybe pour something into it and let it sit overnight....
    Sheesh! I brought the watermelon and Hiram didn't have anything to put in the hole! Oh well, glad there was plenty of everything else! Wow! What a feed! Thanks to Rick and Donna for an outstanding event.

Outstanding, fantastic, excellent!! Everything was just fabulous. DONNA and Rik out did themselves once again. Thanks for inviting us to your home and allowing us to hang out.

The girls loved the slip-n-slide.

Thanks Cache Maine for the pet rocks. Solid, Micah, Jebediah and Lance are all sleeping now. They had a very busy day hanging out at the event.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Here are the video highlights of the evening.

I moved the video to youtube and you can view it at this link.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...&postcount=170
    Last edited by attroll; 06-11-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Blazing Troll

Too fun. It was difficult to wake the girls this morning. Wish we could ahve stayed to do the night caching and the paddle trip. Haley has collected all our pet rocks and her sister wants hers back. How did that whip cream shampoo smell this morning? Pictures posted.
    Slowly but surely

Talking 2007 Rocks!!! literally!

THANK YOU!!!! Donna, Rick, and EVERYONE who helped with the event!!! It was so much fun, food, and friendship!!!

Thanks to Cameoooooooo for the pet rocks! While Hiram's "Blarney" is in the cache bag, my lil' Pebbles is on my dresser

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I'm bringing my pet rock army. If you would like one of your very own, all you have to do is come find Cache Maine at the event on Saturday and tell them a very unique name for your new pet rock. If the name "rocks," then we will give you one. They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard! )

Here is a picture before we put them in their cages...

OH and whip cream smells really bad after a day or so... but that was funny! tehehe
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

For those who asked for the salad recipe and I didn't pass it along as promised, here you go.........

Chick Pea and Cranberry Salad
    2 large cans Chick peas
    ½ cup Diced red onion
    1 tbsp Parsley
    1 ½ cups Dried cranberries
    6 tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
    3 tbsp Olive oil
    ½ tsp Garlic powder
    ½ Diced green pepper
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thank you Beachie - may we have the other one too please...............

In order to save bandwidth on this site I posted the video of this weekend on youtube and I will remove the one from this site. I also did some changes to the video.

Blazing Troll