Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Maine Geo Weekend at my Campground

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Douglas Ma, Gorham, Me
    Posts
    14

    Default Maine Geo Weekend at my Campground

    Ok I spend my summers in Maine at a campground in Standish. We have gotten permission from the owners to do A Geocaching weekend and It already has been posted on thier campground webpage. I love this area and moved my park model to the Sebago area last year spacifically because of the cache consentration.

    So I was woundering what I can have as a weekend long aid to people that will hopefully attend.

    So far we are planning a Cookout slash bug exchange for the sunday, a newbee class adn a field trip out so others can have a positive first time, and a map of all the caches in the area.

    So I was hoping that there would be some Ideas from all you guys who have been great to all the out of state cachers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Topsham
    Posts
    360

    Default

    What campground and what weekend?

    Sounds like a lot of fun. If you can give us more details we might be able to help you a bit more.

    Team Teebow
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Douglas Ma, Gorham, Me
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Here it is look down the wekends. also the campground has wireless internet.http://www.familynfriends.com/calendar.shtml

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk chucker View Post
    Here it is look down the wekends. also the campground has wireless internet.http://www.familynfriends.com/calendar.shtml
    If I read this correctly the weekend posted on the campground website is Columbus Day weekend. Correct? Are you planning on this being an official Geocaching event and posting it on Geocaching.com?

    I am sure there are folks who live in Southern Maine who have planned events that may be willing to help or mentor you in this endeavor. Sounds like fun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,574

    Default Post it and they will come

    If it is not a GC.com posted event you won't as many as you would if it is posted. Sadly I will me vacationing in Vt that week so it would be doubtful that I would make it. Other than that I would be there.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Douglas Ma, Gorham, Me
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    If it is not a GC.com posted event you won't as many as you would if it is posted. Sadly I will me vacationing in Vt that week so it would be doubtful that I would make it. Other than that I would be there.

    I dont know how the Goecaching site would take this. I guess I could try it and see if they let it fly.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bowdoinham, Maine
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Unfortunately Memorial weekend plans are made well in avance for us and we will be in Connecticut. Maybe another year if it becomes annual.
    Slowly but surely

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk chucker View Post
    I dont know how the Goecaching site would take this. I guess I could try it and see if they let it fly.
    They will let it fly. It is all in the way you word it.
    Blazing Troll

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk chucker View Post
    I dont know how the Goecaching site would take this. I guess I could try it and see if they let it fly.
    To me there is little difference then holding an event at a donut shop, restaurant or other commercial place (but of course I am not a reviewer). The difference, I see, is the campground has a guest admittance fee but that is no different than a state park in season. Read the GC rules and work with them.

    It would be nice if the campground would waive the "guest" fee for geocachers who come for the day but that would be up to them.

    Sounds like fun - it's a holiday weekend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Douglas Ma, Gorham, Me
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    To me there is little difference then holding an event at a donut shop, restaurant or other commercial place (but of course I am not a reviewer). The difference, I see, is the campground has a guest admittance fee but that is no different than a state park in season. Read the GC rules and work with them.

    It would be nice if the campground would waive the "guest" fee for geocachers who come for the day but that would be up to them.

    Sounds like fun - it's a holiday weekend.

    You are absolutly correct on this. I believe they are letting visitors in free for the bug swap and the cookout, but will be charging if people want to camp there for the weekend.I believe the price for the BBQ is like 7$ but I could be wrong on that. I know that there is about 10 caches that you can bike to easily in one day in the immediate area, and it is really saturated with caches.

    I guess in the next two weeks I will be trying to see if I can get it approved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •