vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maine Geo Weekend at my Campground

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    Unfortunately Memorial weekend plans are made well in avance for us and we will be in Connecticut. Maybe another year if it becomes annual.
    It's not Memorial weekend it's Columbus weekend in October.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks Haffy. My brain doesn't always work well in the evening. October would be great and not too far away for us.
    Slowly but surely

Looks like this is taking place during Moose season and Team Teebow is working that weekend at the family deer shop. Bummer

You never know,maybe all the deer and moose will hide from the hunters and there will be nothing for us to do.Then we could hang out with our geocaching freinds.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk chucker View Post
    I know that there is about 10 caches that you can bike to easily in one day in the immediate area, and it is really saturated with caches.

I guess in the next two weeks I will be trying to see if I can get it approved.
    As some of us would say in Maine - wicked good! You are right about caches in the area - some nice ones.

As for the campgrounds, of course camping or eatting the BBQ, there would be a charge. If they are letting folks in without a charge, to socialize, for the event all the better.

Hope you can get this published - it sounds like fun.

Did someone say camping??? We *love* camping! Sounds like a fun time!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Thank you John for hosting this event. It was a learning curve, in many ways. I enjoyed attending, had great food, met new folks, renewed friendships, grabbed loads of caches and had a great time.

I want to thank you for your efforts! Your effort to coordinate an event (your first), listen to comments from folks and to introduce some newbies to Geocaching.

Your efforts to teach new folks is the most important part of what happened this weekend. Regretfully, folks did not realize the event was both days (me being guilty too) and they that could come on Saturday or Sunday. Also, there may have been a tad of confusion about the details (bbq on Sat night and one at 11/12N on Sunday, etc.). Fortunately everyone who came on Sunday understood. The pot-luck breakfast was really nice - what a concept! I want to note here - Team Richards arrived with a Crock Pot of bacon - if only for a short visit!

I may be out of school, but, would like set the record straight on this forum that John had nothing to gain, nor did the campground on hosting this event. They provided - free of charge - a beautiful lodge building for use the entire weekend , rest rooms, free internet wifi and the free potluck breakfast to anyone who came. John's post of details and fees on the event page was to just make clear - what was free and what was not.

Some people are better with word than others. The bottom line is an event for socialization, education and camaraderie is the backbone of making our sport better and getting to know one another.

Thank you again for your efforts Hawk chucker. I am pleased to have gotten to know you and consider you a Geobuddy. If you retire to Maine you will become one of us but I fear you will never loose your accent! LOL

Cache On!

I wish I could have been to this one! A bunch of us were up on the Golden Road, so we know it was an awesome weekend to camp out. Hope to make the next one!!

Woo Hoo - and thank you TAT for posting. We knew there were a few up North - but there are soooo many others who missed a great opportunity.

Hey, I, too, sometimes have trouble finiding a cache LOL

Sounds like you guys had fun - wanted folks to know what a great job John did and how hard he tried.

See you soon all at the Low Tide Event!