vb:literal>

Thread: Breast Cancer Walk?

Default Breast Cancer Walk?

Anyone still interested in joining my office's team this Sunday in Damariscotta? Some had expressed interest previously. The walk is at 2 p.m. in Damariscotta beginning at The First (bank). Our team is meeting right on the front lawn near the Strides sign. I will have 3 kids with me, 2 girls and a boy and I will most likely look a bit frazzled. Registration is at 1. Please feel free to join us, the more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    Anyone still interested in joining my office's team this Sunday in Damariscotta? Some had expressed interest previously. The walk is at 2 p.m. in Damariscotta beginning at The First (bank). Our team is meeting right on the front lawn near the Strides sign. I will have 3 kids with me, 2 girls and a boy and I will most likely look a bit frazzled. Registration is at 1. Please feel free to join us, the more the merrier!
    Date - that this coming Sunday - you posted that..........thank you. Have to see how tired I am from Machias. Thanks for all you are doing for the cause.
    Last edited by hollora; 10-15-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Stupid error

Default Portland

Sorry I never got back to you, my fault. I will be joining one of my co-workers, who is a breast cancer survivor on the walk in Portland. Troy will be going along on the walk too. Dottie has raised close to 1500.00 and Home Depot is going to match the final amount.

Thanks to everyone who gets out there, shows the effort, it makes a difference.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

Both Troy and I made the walk in Portland. Dressed up with our pink bandanas we had a blast on the 3 mile tour of the city. The weather was just perfect around 50 degrees as we set out and it only got warmer as we got closer to Casco bay. Dottie, who was the person we were there to support raised almost 2500.00 and most of that was matched by Home Depot. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to walk today.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Have to apologize - I was very tired and still suffering from a cold. Laid low today. Hope the walk was successful.

Any support we can all give these Cancer Fund raisers - regardless of which one - really make a difference!

Thank you one and all from the spouse of a Cancer, so far, survivor!

I am about ready to collapse! After thinking I was Carl Lewis trying to leap over chain fences yesterday--I realized that I was not when I caught both my feet and landed directly on my elbows/forearms. That was yesterday, now today a late morning of caching in Rockland and then the Breast Cancer walk in the afternoon with a triathelete friend of mine--I am ALL DONE with any more movement tonight! Loading up on Advil and going to bed!

Bless you and tomorrow is a new day ~ thank you for all you have done for the effort! And ~ all those who shall follow after with other efforts for the same cause - the Big C which effects so many!

I am about ready to collapse! After thinking I was Carl Lewis trying to leap over chain fences yesterday--I realized that I was not when I caught both my feet and landed directly on my elbows/forearms. That was yesterday, now today a late morning of caching in Rockland and then the Breast Cancer walk in the afternoon with a triathelete friend of mine--I am ALL DONE with any more movement tonight! Loading up on Advil and going to bed!
    Thank you!

It was great fun and I can't believe the amount of people who were there walking. Sharon Rose was the special speaker at our event, suprised she wasn't at the Portland one. Anyway, I'll look forward to doing it again next year!

Default celebs

It was great fun and I can't believe the amount of people who were there walking. Sharon Rose was the special speaker at our event, suprised she wasn't at the Portland one. Anyway, I'll look forward to doing it again next year!
    Olympia Snowe and Kathleen Shannon were the ones who spoke in Portland.