vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tidal Cache - Group Cache Opportunity

For anyone else that can't make the trip this month, I'm going for the tide on Feb. 9th. It's the last one this year, so I'm taking the day off from work to hit it. 5:20 pm will be just after sunset, should be doable.

If you are interested, but can't make this one, let me know.

Red face You betcha

I'm up for the challenge - at least I think I am - LOL!

Is there something in particular you (and others, too!) would like to have before you hit the road? Looking for a sandwich, a steak, a beer, a latte, seafood, pizza, etc.? If you give me a tip about you would like, I'll see what I can come up with for options. Of course, that is what they will be - options - I know better than pick the place!!

Can't wait to see everyone - sounds like it will be lots of fun!

Smile Sounds good!!

Beer and pizza is good!! I think everyone likes pizza. Or sandwiches and beer. Get the idea?? Of course, I'm just speaking for moi'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    For anyone else that can't make the trip this month, I'm going for the tide on Feb. 9th. It's the last one this year, so I'm taking the day off from work to hit it. 5:20 pm will be just after sunset, should be doable.

If you are interested, but can't make this one, let me know.
    That might be a possible for us - but we'll have to see what the work schedule brings. I avoid driving at night (can't see) so we'd plan on making it an overnighter.

Keep this thread open...

Smile Eats

There are plenty of choices. Three pizza places in OOB that serve beer. A few seafood places that serve beer. Ocean view places that serve beer. And, they all also serve hot chocolate! (with or with out Baileys)

Thumbs up Food?

Pizza and beer, is fine. Beer and pizza is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Pizza and beer, is fine. Beer and pizza is good too.
    Beer by itself isn't too bad either!

I can not promise that I will be there tomorrow. It is a tose up.

Snowmobiling or caching
    Snowmobiling or caching
    Snowmobiling or caching
    Snowmobiling or Snowmobiling

Hmm, it looks like the snowmobiling may be winning.
    Blazing Troll

I can think of a LOT of caches I could get to real easy if I had a snowmobile...

(Well, actually, I have one (a 1972 Skidoo), but it takes most of the day to get it started).

You've got to learn to combine hobbies!

Thumbs up What fun!!

A great group gathering took place!! What fun! Here's some info about our time together:

TAT - Cache owner extraordinaire was there to educate and guide us on this trek. Interesting information! Thanks for being there - it made the gathering just that much more fun - your laughter is contagious!

YOP - was able to get within 100 feet of the coordinates - best yet! Another "first"! Of course we know HIS secret was wearing hip boots - that was very wise.

Parmachenee and his Geobud - a great team! Unfortunately, couldn't stay to have pizza and beer - I think Frank was worried that he wouldn't get into the restaurant.

Team2hunt - welcome to the crazy world of caching! Was nice to meet you. Sorry that your navigator from the team had the flu. Maybe we'll meet him in Winlsow.

Haffy - A very busy and successful day of caching. Though a near miss losing his glasses at the end of the day only added to the frustration of squashing his PDA as he slid down the hill at the Stroudwater cache in the morning. Hope you get that working!

Beach Comber - I learned today that my "waterproof" boots are not exactly waterproof - ugh! Makes for soggy and cold feet after a day in the snow. Thank goodness I had a second pair in the car!

ktaadnman - An unexpected and welcomed participator! He didn't even know we were meeting - what a surprise to see us all chatting and talking a long ways out on the sand bar.

Cameoooooo - met us in the parking lot, but didn't feel well so didn't make it out onto the sandbar. And people call ME crazy for driving to Bangor - LOL!!

Was a beautiful day - the weather couldn't have been better! Caching in the snow certainly changes the flavor a bit - hopefully next time I will remember to take the "poking tool" out of the car - LOL. Was great fun - I look forward to seeing everyone again. The posts for the cache should be interesting!

Not sure what is happening on Tuesday, but want to say feel free to continue to use this thread to talk about it if you'd like. Or if you prefer GeoMaine and YOP, you can touch base via e-mail or something. If you go, have fun!

Would be fun to try this in the summer months when you wouldn't have to worry about getting shoes wet and then perhaps we could make it out to the exact spot. We'll have to think about that for warmer months. Wouldn't need hot chocolate - perhaps a nice, cold beer would be best.
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 01-09-2005 at 10:15 PM.