vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tidal Cache - Group Cache Opportunity

For anyone that went to this cache on the 11th, any useful hints on parking? I've been to OOB, but am not real familiar with the area. I'll be meeting a couple of friends in Portland and making the trip on Feb 9th. (Low tide at 5:20pm) Anyone else is more than welcome too. If you can suggest a good meeting place, even better :P
    On a related note, the geocaching.com site doesn't seem to handle earthcaches really well. If you try to go to a map of the area, all other caches show up, except for this one. The column on the right hand side of the map doesn't offer a check box for earthcaches either. I assume it's because they are new, hope it will be fixed soon.

Here is an excerpt from a log made by YOP prior to our visit at the beginning of January...

"Stopped by Pine Point today - think the best parking is at the big Municipal Parking Lot. The signs still say $10.00 parking fee but doubt anyone collects fees in winter, a few other cars there today,and I parked there last winter with no problem. Coords 43 32.464 / 70 20.224 ~ pretty easy to find. Only posted restrictions were for parking between 11PM and 5AM so should be OK."

This is where we all parked on that Sunday - didn't have to pay a fee, was plenty of parking, and is a great starting place for heading to the cache location.

There is another cache in the immediate area as well - here is the link......
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-a70736fdfb1e

Have fun!!!

Default Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Sudonim for pointing out the map problem. I'll let GC.com know, but I bet It'll take a little while for them to update.

Meanwhile, like BC said, the best parking is the public parking lot. They don't seem to collect fees in the off season.

I'd like to make it there, but I won't know until that week.

Good luck, I'll be hoping for calm seas!

Just to let everyone know, I'm still on for Wed. the 9th. It's supposed to be a high of about 40 with 40% chance of rain, but this IS the lowest tide left for the next year. (Low tide at 5:20pm)
    Thanks to YOP for providing coords to a suitable parking spot. I'll be at the municipal parking lot 43 32.464 / 70 20.224 at 4:30 or so. Depending on the time, I might be looking for "Maine Seaside Stash" to warm up for the walk.
    I hope others get to come out Wed as well, it will be nice to see you!

Default Tidal Earthcache

Plan to see you there. Will throw in my rain gear, almost never rains when I do that. Hope a few others will join us. If I don't spot you see ya on the sandbar,time and tide wait for no one.

I wish I could make it one of these days. TAT should either up the difficulty or hold these low tides on a Saturday about noon.

Hey Brdad, you are diabolical enough to build your own sandbar in Bangor. (One of my first caches was Battleship, I'm still waking up in a cold sweat over that one...)
    Wish you could make it too, oh well some other time.

Post somewhere?

Now all you have to do is find out where the spring tide will be, at noon on saturday.Let's go.

Default Spring tide at noon...

is easy. Simply go to Hawaii long enough to get over jet lag. Then, come back to Maine very fast. Do not reset your watch. Sunset will apear to be at noon.

Try it.

I wish I could make it Wednesday, but there is no way I can get out early for the next few weeks.

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by tat; 02-07-2005 at 10:18 PM.