vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GW5 Crew

The event last night was fun and then Brad, Gary, Tom, Barry and I headed out and did a few night caches. It has been interesting adjusting to caching in another state. Certainly have seen a few new things. More later.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    This is hard charging, full on caching. We've taken a lot of pics and have a few stories, but not much time to write. But, here's a quick run down of what's to come:

Day 1 Orange County Choppers and camping with Dad.
    Sheesh! We went through Newburgh, New York yesterday, but I never thought about OCC!

LOL!

We arrived this afternoon - traffic starting to get thick. Did manage to log a cache at the Delaware rest area, to added that state to our list.

Guess we'll see everyone at the event tomorrow.

Wow! At lease 13 people from Maine (and about 2,000 others, as well). One of the Maine contingent (Cache Maine/Cameo?) actually had a "Maine Pavilion" set up - complete with flag - and they (Hollora?) were passing out Maine Lobster necklaces. We managed 25 caches today (ALL "urban microcaches") in about 4 hours, but quit early as RULOST2? was getting a headache from the 90+ degree weather. Someone said it's been hot in Maine as well! LOL! We plan to spend the whole day caching tomorrow.

Thamks for filling us in Bruce and hope to hear from some of the other Maine contingent as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

If any of you Maine cachers see any of the New York Capital Region Geocachers while you are there. Tell them Sabby says "Hello".

There are at least a dozen at the event.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Taking a break from the festivities to say hello and pack the vehicle. There is more stuff happening later and another event tonight at midnight. They have also just published GW6 in California so start making your plans to attend. There will be a Maine group there.

Default Maine Group is back

Team2Hunt and I are back home this morning at about 8:00. We split from TAT and Mainiac1957 in Delaware as they were interested in staying at a hotel along the way. We continued on and made it to a rest area in CT where we rested for several hours before finishing the journey this morning. CacheMaine and Hollora were also in CT in a hotel so those two vehicles should be back later today (Memorial Day).

We have so many stories and memories it will take as many days for us to get them all together as it did to collect them in the first place. Look for more updates soon...

It's just after noon and Mainiac1957 dropped me off at my house! There are a lot of stories to tell, like meeting Jeremy, catching up with GPSfun, meeting Eric -88 (bet most of you don't know him!), the lobster beads, travel bugs, the tornado, the impromptu Mega event, Maine calamari, and on and on. I sure hope we get some of them typed up, but I know I need to get logging caches!

Default more........

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    It's just after noon and Mainiac1957 dropped me off at my house! There are a lot of stories to tell, like meeting Jeremy, catching up with GPSfun, meeting Eric -88 (bet most of you don't know him!), the lobster beads, travel bugs, the tornado, the impromptu Mega event, Maine calamari, and on and on. I sure hope we get some of them typed up, but I know I need to get logging caches!
    And don't forget......the wrong turns, almost getting our arms stuck in a pipe, the sweet bouquet in the Team Tahoe, the nightly cell call, night caching on Red Bull, and swimming with your clothes on! Maybe I should have left that one out. Boy..did we have fun!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Sacramento!