Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GW5 Crew

Cache Maine and I hit the Route 69 exit and informal park N ride about 12:30 PM. Ralph was waiting and we repacked (again) and I am settled home.

Did most of my logs daily but have got the TBs caught up this afternoon. Many that were destined for the NE (Maine) really should have been going West.

One, however, specifically wanted to go to the Maine Pig Roast so we are all set on that one. If I can't, for some reason, make it I will get it there somehow.

I can't not explain how much fun it was to jump in the Extreme Caching Vehicle and spend time! And yes, Maine calamari - now that was interesting????

As for Sacramento - that will take some calculation but for me - this Mega event was truly a "blast" (that's a term from the Woodstock days LOL). Although NC caches in many places differently from us - I understand and am ok with it. They come up here and see things different too. If we go to Sacramento - it will be different there too.

The TBs we saw were interesting at best. Met lots of folks. You can't be shy - and - sharing and socializing is what it is about.

My only regret - that I, personally, was not at our shelter long enough to meet and greet the other folks from Maine (I believe there were 4 = 2 couples or groups of 2). Also that they did not stick around or put their chairs with us. They were more than welcome.

The Eaze-E-Up and Maine State flag (compliments of Rep. Richard Rosen) was a great asset along with our "meet and greet beads" - lobsters (compliments of the Maine Lobster Council). If a contingent goes West - we should definitely work on a coordinated effort.

My special thanks to my close and personal partners on this trip - Cache Maine. It was wonderful to get to know you both better. We had some fun times and it wasn't all caching (Monticello, Skyline Drive, IMax, etc.). Oh yes, and they will tell you - I snore, rattle in my sleep, and given a chance come in late. They - drive well, navigate like a dream and are always looking for something to learn/enjoy.

TFTM = Thanks for the Memories!

Sheesh! Y'all were in a hurry to get back! LOL! RULOST2? and I are in Lancaster, PA tonight. (Thanks to TAT for suggesting we try "back roads" to get around Washington/Baltimore. We picked up US 15 just north of Raleigh, and had a GREAT trip almost to Lancaster. No traffic most of the way and great scenery.) On to Connecticut tomorrow.

Well, we started out sooner and had been there for a while. Cache Maine's little Mio also took us on 15 and it was a great ride. Remember - everyone has a different agenda and payroll master. LOL

Yeah, Mio took us some other places too.... LOL It was all good....I had my eyes closed most of the time. J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Yeah, Mio took us some other places too.... LOL It was all good....I had my eyes closed most of the time. J/K
    Ah come on - what's wrong with a wrong turn in NYC? LOL

We made it to the hotel - that's what counts!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Ah come on - what's wrong with a wrong turn in NYC? LOL

We made it to the hotel - that's what counts!
    We avoided NYC by taking I287 through NJ, then the Tappan Zee Bridge. We also took the Merritt Parkway from the NY state line through Connecticut. VERY pretty! No trucks, nice scenery, relaxing drive. But tomorrow, we do the I90/495/95 nightmare run. We'll be ready for the big New Hampshire liquor outlet when we get there! LOL!

(Sheesh! And less than 30 days to our REAL vacation to Quebec! )

Talking I almost forgot!!

April Harliss ROCKS!!

We promised we would mention her when we returned!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Talking Yes she does!!

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    April Harliss ROCKS!!

We promised we would mention her when we returned!
    And that girl had some good grits to boot!
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!

Anyone post a copy of the "group photo" at the GW5 "Maine Pavilion" yet? The one on on my camera is a little too dark, I think.

Yes Bruce, we have several and Hollora posted both the group and the RR picture.