vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Vacation plans

Default RE: Vacation plans

My wife and I are working on where to go on vacation in late-Summer, early-Fall . . . she's mentioned Utah and Wisconsin. Anyone ever been there . . . and if so any suggestions as to what to see?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Moab! Bring the 4x4.

wisconsin... isn't that where cheese comes from??

and umm Utah, never been there either, but it's the only state that starts with a "U" (I wonder what their colleges are named, UU or UoU)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

lots of caches in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    My wife and I are working on where to go on vacation in late-Summer, early-Fall . . . she's mentioned Utah and Wisconsin. Anyone ever been there . . . and if so any suggestions as to what to see?
    We cached briefly - in Wisconsin last summer, and took a longer trip 4-5 years ago (before discovering caching). It's beautiful country - a lot like Vermont only more laid-back - but definitely worth visiting.

I vote for Wisconsin.

And then on to Minnesota - (Mall of America!!!)

We have been to Utah and it is beautiful!! We didn't think Utah had anything to offer, boy were we suprised!! We have friends in SLC and were given a wonderful tour of Utah. We went camping in southern Utah. Bryce Canyon and Zion are just beyond words. If you are flying in, you could fly into Vegas (for a cheaper flight) and drive north to Utah. We went in July and the temps were in the 90's but it is so dry out there that we were not affected by the heat at all. Gotta love the low humidity levels.

The Hoodoos were incredible!!

We actually have a TB in SLC now.

If you choose Utah you will be close to Colorado and that is a beautiful state as well. Have not been to Utah (or Wisconsin), but lived in Colorado for a short time. Anywhere in close vicinity to the Rockies is absolutely spectacular.

Either place is sure to have some fabulous places to see. Have fun no matter where you choose!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

I heard on the radio that CO is gunna get 8" of snow this week, I wanna move there!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.