vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into Summer Event 2007, Most Useless Geocaching Gear Contest

Default Slipping into Summer Event 2007, Most Useless Geocaching Gear Contest

For the Slipping into Summer Event 2007 we have added a new item to the day’s events. I don’t know what to title it yet, so until I can come up with a name we will call it The Most Useless Geocaching Gear Contest. I would like to use another name seeing this name is something similar to another event I attend. Here is how it works.

It is a contest and to enter you must present a piece of gear to the audience and sell this piece of gear to the audience. I do not mean you have to actually sell it. I mean you have to buy the audience over with it. There is not limit to how many entries there are. The person will come out and present the gear to the audience and explain its uses and usefulness to everyone and explain what is so great about this piece of gear. There will only one entry that wins the contest, but there will be runners ups. Some type of prize will be awarded.

Oh, did I mention that this is not an actual piece of useful gear that we use Geocaching. It is a gag contest, which means that it is a new piece of gear that you much invent and present to the audience. This is all in fun and a gag.

An example would be a ball cap with an antenna mount on it that you could attach an antenna to for you GPS. It would be something comical that most normal people would not actually use.

This event will be held sometime during the end of the day. We have no set time yet.

All entries will be placed in a tent out of view from the audience until it is time for there presentation and only at this time will other be able to see it.
    Last edited by attroll; 05-26-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    An example would be a ball cap with an antenna mount on it that you could attach an antenna to for you GPS. It would be something comical that most normal people would not actually use.
    Sheesh! You must have already seen my Army helmet liner with the GPS antenna on top! LOL!

I don't use it now because my 60csx has such GREAT reception, but if you want it...

It's the perfect entry Bruce!! And if you model it, I am sure your chance of winning inreases
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Tink says she already has a entry but she will not tell me what it is. I have some ideas I am tossing around. I will have an entry though.
    Blazing Troll

The GW5 crew has this one in the bag already. (ha, ha, ha!) Great idea Rick! I'll put together a prize for the winner, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    The GW5 crew has this one in the bag already. (ha, ha, ha!) Great idea Rick! I'll put together a prize for the winner, if you want.
    Sure if you want to put together a prize go ahead because I want a good one when I win. Oh, by the way did I say the audience picks the winner.
    Blazing Troll

I have been working on a name and a logo for the Research Team that will be holding this contest. I think I have something, but I will keep working on it. I am thinking of GMRAD. Geocaching Maine Research And Development. Here is the logo I have been working with so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmrad.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	214  
    Blazing Troll

For the Slipping into Summer Event 2007 we have added a new item to the day’s events. I don’t know what to title it yet, so until I can come up with a name we will call it The Most Useless Geocaching Gear Contest. I would like to use another name seeing this name is something similar to another event I attend. Here is how it works.

It is a contest and to enter you must present a piece of gear to the audience and sell this piece of gear to the audience. I do not mean you have to actually sell it. I mean you have to buy the audience over with it. There is not limit to how many entries there are. The person will come out and present the gear to the audience and explain its uses and usefulness to everyone and explain what is so great about this piece of gear. There will only one entry that wins the contest, but there will be runners ups. Some type of prize will be awarded.

Oh, did I mention that this is not an actual piece of useful gear that we use Geocaching. It is a gag contest, which means that it is a new piece of gear that you much invent and present to the audience. This is all in fun and a gag.

This event will be held sometime during the end of the day. We have no set time yet.

All entries will be placed in a tent out of view from the audience until it is time for there presentation and only at this time will other be able to see it.
    Well just to beat Hiram to the punch . . . .

Magellan GPSr . . . designed to add an extra measure of challenge for experienced geocachers.

Tired of using your GPSr on a micro and being able to zero in right on the exact guardrail or lamppost each and every time? Well now you can rediscover the challenge of geocaching like a newbie by purchasing a Magellan GPSr . . . now even those guardrails will present a real challenge for you to find as you boomerang past them by 500 feet or so, walk in circles for hours in the middle of poison ivy patches searching for a cache that turns out to be hidden a quarter mile from that location and now you will be able to truly amaze your Garmin-using friends by the very fact you are able to occasionally find a cache.

If you're ready to move on to the next level of geocaching this is the geo tool for you . . . and if you act now and call our toll free number (operators are standing by) we'll throw in a free penny. That's right, a new, shiny penny with President Abraham Lincoln's picture on it -- that's a one cent value for free. You can use your penny to open the battery compartment of your Magellan Explorist since the opening screw is pretty much impossible to open unless you have a specialized tool . . . or this penny.

But wait, there's more . . . just for calling now we'll also give you a free calling card so you can phone a friend when your Magellan leads you horribly off-course and you have no idea of where you are, much less where the cache is. This calling card comes to you from our partners with AT & T (Algeria Telegraph & Telegraph) so we cannot promise that it will work when you truly need it . . . or that you will get more than 30 seconds of use from it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

For the Slipping into Summer Event 2007 we have added a new item to the day’s events. I don’t know what to title it yet, so until I can come up with a name we will call it The Most Useless Geocaching Gear Contest.....
    Can I just enter a Magellan???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

A faux Garmin will not win this contest...