vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: It's all about the numbers, right? :)

Hybrid View

Default Re: It's all about the numbers, right? :)

Sometimes I know I should just stay home and not even try to geocache.

Number of miles put on the beater car while geocaching: 254 . . . as I drove to LA and then up to Dexter

Number of DNFS for the day: 5 . . . my most ever in one day's attempt

Number of cache finds for the day: 3

Number of destroyed caches: 1 . . . it appears as though a TB Hotel was muggled

Number of saved TBs from the destroyed cache: 1 . . . found about 10 feet away in the leafs

What my beater car gets for gas mileage: 35 mpg . . . thank goodness

What I paid in gas today: $40 approximately (I gassed up at the end of the day and decided that I deserved to buy some mint chocolate ice cream for dessert tonight after today's abyssmal caching

Number of cachers that I met while out and about today: 1 . . . ran into Becket . . . this is the second time we have met while out geocaching at the same time
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Number of cachers that I met while out and about today: 1 . . . ran into Becket . . . this is the second time we have met while out geocaching at the same time
    then i'd say that your day was a success!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I've only run into geocachers twice while out on the trails and I didn't know them. I'd love to just run into one of you that I've met, or haven't in Jake's case. I've been geocaching in someone's town and wonder if they were anywhere around the area. LA isn't far for us, and we've tried several times, but we are not stealthy enough with the kids for quite a few of those and the city driving makes us nuts. Hey you rescued someone's TB, will you be a new member of the Rescue Rangers?
    Slowly but surely

HA!! I knew deep down you were a numbers person!!!! I thought you were on our side!!!

(Magellan user!!!)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    HA!! I knew deep down you were a numbers person!!!! I thought you were on our side!!!

(Magellan user!!!)
    It was a bad numbers day though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I've only run into geocachers twice while out on the trails and I didn't know them. I'd love to just run into one of you that I've met, or haven't in Jake's case. I've been geocaching in someone's town and wonder if they were anywhere around the area. LA isn't far for us, and we've tried several times, but we are not stealthy enough with the kids for quite a few of those and the city driving makes us nuts. Hey you rescued someone's TB, will you be a new member of the Rescue Rangers?
    I don't know . . . my understanding is that the Rescue Rangers is an elite corp of men and women who are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to insure that no cache or TB is left behind. This creme de la creme of geocachers knows no physical limitations and will not rest until their mission is accomplished . . . . kind of like geocaching green berets minus the berets (although maybe we could take up a collection to purchase them some cute French hats.) In this case I simply was the good samaritan, the helpful bystander, etc. who just happened to be there at the right time and right place.

Arrow Ahem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . . kind of like geocaching green berets minus the berets (although maybe we could take up a collection to purchase them some cute French hats
    For your information sir.... I wear a Tilley!

But a foofy french hat would be fine too
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    For your information sir.... I wear a Tilley!

But a foofy french hat would be fine too
    Pictures needed please.

FFJ - member of TGIF = I am sorry but perhaps Corinna was muggled. Will disable and reactivate. Back home and will be in touch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    FFJ - member of TGIF = I am sorry but perhaps Corinna was muggled. Will disable and reactivate. Back home and will be in touch soon.
    whats TGIF?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.