vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TL 2007: Return of the ORCA (recon)

Things are looking good so far, We have 2 cache locations for the event, we have tread lightly parofanailia for prizes, a pancake breakfast planned for sunday... but I was thinkin, does anyone have wood?? (and a way to transport wood?) so that we can have some stuff to burn for the campfire?? (the wood at the campground is $5 a load, which gets spendy when people are sitting around the campfire with nothin better to do but burn stuff...)

and I got our tread lightly books in the mail yesterday, and I'm going to have some Geocaching Tread lightly pamphlets made up.

And I put in a pre-order for blue skies and sunshine for the weekend too.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Sounds like you're on top of things

As far as if anyone has wood. I thought the question a little personal. Oh by the way Dick's has those poles I was talking about. They adjust from 4 to 8 feet and would be perfect for the sheik's tent. They weren't to bad for cost either. See you in 3 weeks.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    As far as if anyone has wood. I thought the question a little personal. Oh by the way Dick's has those poles I was talking about. They adjust from 4 to 8 feet and would be perfect for the sheik's tent. They weren't to bad for cost either. See you in 3 weeks.
    wood... dicks... adjustable poles... sheik tents... whose the pot callin the kettle black...

Arron

I still have not gotten my truck fixed yet. Do you still have room for an extra person in you jeep?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Arron

I still have not gotten my truck fixed yet. Do you still have room for an extra person in you jeep?
    well... i could make my invisible friends sit on the roof... so, yeah, I've still got room.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Things are looking good so far, We have 2 cache locations for the event, we have tread lightly parofanailia for prizes, a pancake breakfast planned for sunday... but I was thinkin, does anyone have wood?? (and a way to transport wood?) so that we can have some stuff to burn for the campfire?? (the wood at the campground is $5 a load, which gets spendy when people are sitting around the campfire with nothin better to do but burn stuff...)

and I got our tread lightly books in the mail yesterday, and I'm going to have some Geocaching Tread lightly pamphlets made up.

And I put in a pre-order for blue skies and sunshine for the weekend too.
    Wicked!

Hopefully I'll pick up some more prizes this weekend to add to your pile of loot . . . and I think I can supply and bring the wood since I was thinking about trailering my ATV and/or canoe and/or kayak. Just give me a reminder early in the week. And I'm with you on buying wood . . . I have yet to break down and buy camp wood . . . it just doesn't seem natural.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Wicked!

Hopefully I'll pick up some more prizes this weekend to add to your pile of loot . . . and I think I can supply and bring the wood since I was thinking about trailering my ATV and/or canoe and/or kayak. Just give me a reminder early in the week. And I'm with you on buying wood . . . I have yet to break down and buy camp wood . . . it just doesn't seem natural.
    sounds good to me! (even if we have to buy wood, their $5 bundles is a a wheelbarrow full of hardwood, not like most campgrounds where you spend $5 and get a 2ft cord of latice wood...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    sounds good to me! (even if we have to buy wood, their $5 bundles is a a wheelbarrow full of hardwood, not like most campgrounds where you spend $5 and get a 2ft cord of latice wood...)
    No, no, no . . . it's the principle of the thing . . . there's always plenty of free wood around . . . sometimes you just may have to walk a little for it and it may only be dead branches that burn up in 5 minutes but I just can't handle paying for something that is all around us.

That said, trust me . . . I'll bring enough to last us for quite a while! You know how us firefighters are . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    No, no, no . . . it's the principle of the thing . . . there's always plenty of free wood around . . . sometimes you just may have to walk a little for it and it may only be dead branches that burn up in 5 minutes but I just can't handle paying for something that is all around us.

That said, trust me . . . I'll bring enough to last us for quite a while! You know how us firefighters are . . .
    no comment...

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Arron

we're goin up on friday evening, would you want to drive up this way and carpool from here?