vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Hybrid View

Default Quick question

Greetings from Boston. I cannot chat or write as much as I would normally here at this site since I'm using the wi-fi feature of my palm tx -- being able to check in is nice, but using the hunt-and-peck or rather poke with the stylus and navigating the page requires some patience and finesse -- it's much, much slower than using a keyboard. In any case I'm looking for some geo-advice for gcwj2k riverway multi -- maybe I'm an idiot, but I arrived at the first stage and only found three numbers -- I'm not sure if this is the final three coord numbers for the north or west coords -- I looked but did not see any other numbers or an indication as to what these coords go to -- am I missing something here -- anyone have any insight as to what I need to do.By the way, caching here is a lot different than Maine -- I had to move a rat trap for one cache and in another place I think I may have interrupted some questionable activities -- involving a spoon is all I can say ... plus I ended up in one community where I was definitely in the minority -- lots of Spanish being spoken.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Never done this cache, but found this in one of the logs:

"Site three: thought I would have a problem as the location was well and truely occupied. Interestingly the occupant asked me whether I was cacheing, apparantly this has been his place for over two years so he has seen plenty of people hunting around. Have a chat with him."

Good Luck, stay safe and have fun!!

oh jake - you must have done the cache near South Station - with the rat trap. I wanted to do that one when I was down to pick up a friend's son on the train but the weather was way to awful.

Do stay safe - city caching isn't the same as back here in Maine. To me, it sounds like once you complete 1 to 3 you will have all the numbers to fill in for N and W (the last numbers of the coords).

Lois -- that would make sense but i don't see stage coords -- could be that i'm missing something.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Duhh- I missed it too. Hummm

any other suggestions--

Well, I might think that perhaps those three numbers somehow replaced numbers of the original coordinate - in both the N and W. I am not sure the research will be easy to do with your palm..... If I had my computer I would plug in various combinations and see if they ended up on the route. You know you are looking for a metal sign for part 2.

I am wondering if there are not partial numbers at all stages which end up with a final combination. Hey TGIF friend - the best I could suggest. Puzzles really are not my thing.

The other option - email the owner but I don't know how long you are going to be in Boston. Regardless - enjoy!

Hey Jake,
    Did you try plugging the three numbers into BOTH the north and the west coords?
    N42' 20.abc
    W071' 06.abc
    From the wording, WHAT numbers go where doesn't seem to (intentionally) be part of the challange, so maybe it works for both...

In reading the logs, the 3 digit number you found might not be it. Try the "alternate coords" below.

December 26, 2006 by yamhsoj (255 found)
    Spent at least an hour looking, luckily I had my camera with me, so I used it as cover. Got a couple of nice shots, but couldn't even find the first cache! Found a three digit tag on a tree, 6 digits (in sets of three) painted on the railing, but I don't think the coordinates they gave me belong to the cache. Have to leave Boston today too... darn. Hopefully will have a chance to try again...

June 18, 2006 by g-o-cashers (1616 found)
    N 42° 20.587 W 071° 06.469
    Posted some coordinates because the first part was off about 45' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    In reading the logs, the 3 digit number you found might not be it. Try the "alternate coords" below.

December 26, 2006 by yamhsoj (255 found)
    Spent at least an hour looking, luckily I had my camera with me, so I used it as cover. Got a couple of nice shots, but couldn't even find the first cache! Found a three digit tag on a tree, 6 digits (in sets of three) painted on the railing, but I don't think the coordinates they gave me belong to the cache. Have to leave Boston today too... darn. Hopefully will have a chance to try again...

June 18, 2006 by g-o-cashers (1616 found)
    N 42° 20.587 W 071° 06.469
    Posted some coordinates because the first part was off about 45' for me.
    thanks andy -- this might help -- providing i get a chance to try this one again