vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Kaching 2007

You guys are great and yes, the bambino will have a PFD ASAP after birth (we just need the weight). LOL!

Hello all... actually an August event works much better for us... probably will not kayak this year but will gladly attend and could cook for the party!?!
    Becka Francis Family

Default What's the latest on this?

Just curious about this event....I was looking at Tat's MaineTrek Itinerary and thought it might be cool to meet up with him for this event at one of his stops...Here's a link to his plans.

Default just so it doesn't go away

It's funny how some of us, (me included) can dance around the commitment for an event. I just wanted to bring this back up so we might get another head count for the paddle in Stonington weekend. My calendar is still open for the weekend of August 11th. I'll be coming alone..1manteam dislikes the ocean even more than I. So Friday pm might be a possibility, but definitely camping Saturday.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

i may be able to get there - but probably won't be kayaking!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Bec and I are still planning on this even through Amara has not yet arrived. Unless something goes wrong, I am planning on coming down - probably for Friday and Saturday because if I am going camping - like let's do it. I don't have a kayak any more so would not be able to join in that fun. (unless someone has an extra)

Becca is planning on cooking, I know. There are loads of caches in Stonington for landlubbers - and some new ones too.

Noticed Sloop Island was recently disabled as gone but was going to be reactivated.......(it never had a FTF). I haven't checked out TAT's itinerary but will do so.

Count me in and probably Francis Family (maybe all 3 of them).

Do we each need to individually contact the camp ground? Barry - just let us know. Thanks for your efforts on this one! Hope we can keep it alive!

Default Now I won't be able to make it...

I went to take pictures yesterday at the Maine State Sailing Championships at Portland Yacht Club. It was supposed to be a one day gig, and then someone else was supposed to come today. As it turns out, I apparently did some good work because we got two more engagements for sure and one more that's probable. And they wanted me to come back today instead of the other guy. Today was a bust though as the races were canceled for a lack of wind.

Unfortunately, one of these engagements is the weekend of 8/11 and 8/12. I'm now committed to that.

I haven't contacted the campground as the numbers just didn't seem to materialize like Gary and I were thinking they might during our travels to GW5. I can contact Old Quarry and get one of the two group sites but I need to know how many are for each night. We can always pay for more (you'll have to square up with the folks there on the weekend) and we can shift folks from one night to another but I'd rather not overpay and over-reserve.

Please post a note specifying if you'll be camping Friday night, Saturday night, both, or just kayaking or attending the dinner on Saturday night (the real event). I'll post the event in the next 27 hours and hopefully gpsfun will be able to publish it.

Thanks, Barry

Default So that is the date?

I guess I hadn't heard for sure that it was going to be on the 11/12th. I too have a commitment that weekend. Any chance you'd want to move it to the following weekend? Maybe you can make that one as well as myself. Just a greedy thought on my part. I missed last year and was hoping I could make this one. Just not enough days in the calender unfortunately.
    Happy Trails!

You name the weekend and we will come - if you can't make it the 11th and 12th what about the weekend after?

Give me the date and I will let you know. Either the 11th and 12th or the 18th & 19th. Plan on going down Friday & staying Saturday - let Quarry know and I will pay when I arrive. Both Francis Family and me (I will take a chance they are able to come).

Thanks for all you do on this one.

Count me in. I'll probably have to "portage" a bit, but Deer Isle is worth it.

I sure hope Sloop Island is back!