vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rendez-vous Quebec 8/2/2008

Smile Rendez-vous Quebec 8/2/2008

Our friends, Moustik et HBK emailed and wanted us to let everyone know about a possible mega event cache in Quebec City on August 2, 2008. If they get 650 preregisters for the event, Groundspeak will convert it to a mega event.

If you would like more info, the organization committee has a website.

Quebec City is about 237 miles out of Bangor, so this is quite close. Maine should have a good showing here!

You might have met Moustik et HBK at the Maine Pirate Event last March. They were also at GW5.

OK CM - far enough away that pre-registration works for me. Hope some of the GW5 group consider going up for this. It would be a cool road trip.

Oh, Sheesh! Since the event in Nova Scotia is also in August, we have to make a decision as we plan to make only one "away trip" per month! LOL! Well... We're going to Quebec on vacation next week, right through Quebec City, so I'm kinda leaning towards Nova Scotia. Yup. Better count us out on this one! LOL!

Ahhhhhh, but you may be able to go after all - the event Cameo mentioned is in 2008!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Yeah, I made the mistake of which year at first. Planning for 2008 is unbelievable but fun. It like gives us goals and the like.

These folks who invited us to attend came to Maine for the Pirate Event - let's support them if we can in 2008! Beachie - thanks for pointing this out. Wonder if they will have a vert and rouge door?

Question I would like to go.

I'm just afraid I won't have any money left to go after GW6. I guess I'll have to plan ahead. I was planning on getting my passport by then anyway.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I was planning on getting my passport by then anyway.
    You better apply soon - I learned on NPR the other day that applications are taking a very long time to process - months and months and months. I guess I should find mine and have it updated.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Everyone of us should get a passport.........renewal or new. It is well worth the wait.

We would not want to be restricted should a super caching opportunity be presented. I have had mine for a while and certainly know it afforded, even before 9/11, a smooth transistion at airports.

Also, you can use a digital photo that meets their regs, crop it to a printed 2" x 2" and they will take it as long as it is clear. I took my husband's photo as he didn't want to pay to have one done.

Also health wise - don't forget to boost your Tetnus vaccine if not current and make sure other things are up to date. There was an area of Canada that just had a very recent outbreak of mumps - certainly, where it is vaccine preventable, not something one of us older than a kid needs today.

FYI - there is a way to do an expedited passport but it does cost more.........doesn't everything today? Also, if you have a current passport - check the expiration date and Do Not let it expire! Renew it before it expires as if you don't it will cost you more too!

Unhappy

Family member just got one and applied in early Jan. while just recieving it the other day, first of June. We were told at the time it would take two months, it took almost 6 months. They recently came to school to do passports for students and teachers as a group, now they are saying only it takes a long time. We cross several time per week and are discovering it is becoming more and more difficult on the Canadian side now also.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Ahhhhhh, but you may be able to go after all - the event Cameo mentioned is in 2008!
    Sheesh! I thought that was a typo! LOL!