vb:literal>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rendez-vous Quebec 8/2/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer View Post
    Family member just got one and applied in early Jan. while just recieving it the other day, first of June. We were told at the time it would take two months, it took almost 6 months. They recently came to school to do passports for students and teachers as a group, now they are saying only it takes a long time. We cross several time per week and are discovering it is becoming more and more difficult on the Canadian side now also.

On one hand it's a good thing that they're putting so much effort into the security of the country... on the other hand... can't they hire people that can multitask????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I'm just afraid I won't have any money left to go after GW6. I guess I'll have to plan ahead. I was planning on getting my passport by then anyway.
    We are also going to start this process as well, and had heard that it is taking a long time so it is smart to start now. They cost $97.00 the first time and are good for 10 years. For more information on obtaining a passport, follow this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    We are also going to start this process as well, and had heard that it is taking a long time so it is smart to start now. They cost $97.00 the first time and are good for 10 years. For more information on obtaining a passport, follow this link.
    We just got new passports, and offer this bit of advice: fill out your application online before you take it to the local passport agent. Several questions require information that you probably won't have with you if you're not prepared.

(We got our passport photos at the local Rite Aid - and sheesh! I'm surprised they were accepted! They are terrible! LOL!)

Here is the web site for passport information - http://www.travel.state.gov/ and there is some way you can verify you have applied for one too.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Here is the web site for passport information - http://www.travel.state.gov/ and there is some way you can verify you have applied for one too.
    Sheesh! Pay attention! That's the link Cache Maine already posted! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Pay attention! That's the link Cache Maine already posted! LOL!
    Oppps, sorry, sleeping on the keyboard and she had more extensions (on the address ).

There was just a special on TB about getting a refund, if you asked for expedited service because of travel where you need one, and will not need one now due to changes.

So, I'm asleep on the keyboard and you got awful pictures ..........

Hi Maine Geocachers!

The first pre-registration form that we got from the U.S. is from hollora.

Congratulations hollora!

And thanks also to Cache Maine and Northwoods Explorer for your pre-registrations.

About the new requirements for travelers between the United States and Canada, on our "Rendez-vous Québec 2008" website, we are thinking of adding a webpage specific to U.S. Citizens with contents like this:

U.S. Citizens

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and Canada

Effective January 23, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Canada are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States.

As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Canada by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.

American citizen travelers are encouraged to apply for a U.S. passport or the passport card when it becomes available, well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on applying for a passport

Source: U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs
    http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...onal_1170.html
    Could that be useful for U.S. Geocachers who never came here in Canada?

Luc (OusKonNé)
    OusKonNé & Cétyla
    First "North of the Border" Geocachers to complete the New Hampshire Delorme Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by OusKonNé View Post
    Hi Maine Geocachers!

The first pre-registration form that we got from the U.S. is from hollora.

Congratulations hollora!

And thanks also to Cache Maine and Northwoods Explorer for your pre-registrations.

Luc (OusKonNé)
    Fast fingers girl! Congrats. I tried to be first....but you beat me. And I'm the one that started this thread! That will teach me to hem and haw about going next time!

Quote Originally Posted by OusKonNé View Post
    Could that be useful for U.S. Geocachers who never came here in Canada?

Luc (OusKonNé)
    Yes, I think that would be useful. There is never too much information. We are excited about this event.

OK - we're signed up. We can ALWAYS find an excuse to go to Canada! LOL!