vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rendez-vous Quebec 8/2/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    You betcha! Anybody checked the cache concentration around QC yet?
    Sheesh! HUNDREDS of caches within a 10-mile radius of Quebec City - and I just used a difficulty/terrain of 2.5! LOL!

You betcha! Anybody checked the cache concentration around QC yet?
    Pedalchick and I were up there in Feb. and it sure is tough finding caches under the snow! There are quite a few in the city and there are plenty of walking paths. Very pretty spot to visit.

Gary? Tom? Brad? Barry? Come on crew, let's get signed up...

Granted, it's a ways off but you can still sign up. We won't MAKE you go...right LA?
    Oh go ahead, MAKE us

I was reading this and wondering how anyone was going to get a mega event in the cold depths of the winter in Quebec - I thought the date was d/m/y. Now that I've figured out it's actually August, I've put it on my calendar for next summer and will plan around it. Best I can do at the moment!

Apologies to you Luc, I know you have been a member here for a while...as part of the organization committee, I bet you had already planned on posting something here on the forums about the event....and here I go, jumping right in!
    No problem Cache Maine!

I was happy when I saw your post, an announcement wrote by a Maine geocacher for Maine geocachers.

But as a matter of fact, we had a text to post as an official announcement on non-francophone forums. We were waiting for the final translation in English. We even had 2 different versions of the announcement. The first one in a more "traditional" style of writing, and the second one in a more, let's say "punchy", style of writing. I'll let you chose which one you prefer...

Dear geocachers,

Québec City will be celebrating its 400th anniversary in the summer of 2008. For this occasion, the "Amicale des Géocacheurs de la Grande Région de Québec" (AGGRQ) and the "Association Géocaching Québec" (AGQ) have the pleasure to invite you to a monster get-together for geocachers on August 2nd 2008 in Québec City, Canada.

In the past, several Geocaching Events were held in Québec. In honour of the 400th anniversary of the founding of Québec City, we are going ahead and organizing an Event on an international scale.

In this mindset, Groundspeak gave us a great challenge: If we manage to reach the goal of 650 "Will attend", Groundspeak intends to change the status of our Event to the rare and prestigious status of "Mega-Event", which would be a first in Canada.

While waiting for the publication of the Event on geocaching.com, we invite you to pre-register now by filling in the Online Pre-registration Form available on our new website "Rendez-vous Québec 2008":

http://www.aggrq.com/quebec2008/

Thanks for helping us reach the challenge launched by Groundspeak and happy geocaching!

Your organizing committee

Here ye! Here ye! Here ye! Geocachers

Quebec City will be celebrating its 400th anniversary in 2008. For this occasion l'Amicale de la Grande Région de Québec (AGGRQ) has joined up with l'Association Géocaching Québec (AGQ) and have the pleasure to invite you to a monster get-together for geocachers on August 2nd 2008 in Quebec City, Canada.

In the past, we have organized quite a number of Events in Quebec but for the 400th anniversary of Quebec City we are planning a huge International Event. Now you don't want to miss that, do you?

Groudspeak is challenging us to meet the goal of 650 "Will Attend" and if we do, it will be declared a "Mega Event" - a first in Canada. Now what about that!

While you wait for the publication of the Event on geocaching.com why not pre-register now on our brand new site "Rendez-Vous Québec 2008".

http://www.aggrq.com/quebec2008/

Thanks for helping us reach our goal of 650 "Will Attend". We'll be waiting for you and Bienvenue à Québec.

Your organizing committee

Now, your first French lesson.

French abbreviations used in the logbooks:
    PAT: Premier à trouver (FTF)
    RP: Rien pris (TN)
    RL: Rien laissé (LN)
    RPRL: Rien pris, rien laissé (TNLN)
    SL: Signé le log (SL)
    MPLC: Merci pour la cache (TFTC)

And sometimes:
    DAT: Deuxième à trouver (STF)
    TAT: Troisième à trouver (TTF)

Happy Geocaching!
    OusKonNé & Cétyla
    First "North of the Border" Geocachers to complete the New Hampshire Delorme Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by OusKonNé View Post
    No problem Cache Maine!

I was happy when I saw your post, an announcement wrote by a Maine geocacher for Maine geocachers.

But as a matter of fact, we had a text to post as an official announcement on non-francophone forums. We were waiting for the final translation in English. We even had 2 different versions of the announcement. The first one in a more "traditional" style of writing, and the second one in a more, let's say "punchy", style of writing. I'll let you chose which one you prefer...

Now, your first French lesson.

French abbreviations used in the logbooks:
    PAT: Premier à trouver (FTF)
    RP: Rien pris (TN)
    RL: Rien laissé (LN)
    RPRL: Rien pris, rien laissé (TNLN)
    SL: Signé le log (SL)
    MPLC: Merci pour la cache (TFTC)

And sometimes:
    DAT: Deuxième à trouver (STF)
    TAT: Troisième à trouver (TTF)

Happy Geocaching!
    Woo hoo! I'll have those down before I go! I'm excited about this trip. On a side note, we did the passport process yesterday. Pretty painless really. We had pictures taken at AAA, 8.00 each for members and then zipped over to the post office. There are huge benefits to filling out the form online then printing it....it was a breeze. We have bets in as to when we will see anything in return.

A few tips:

-For the ones that have never had a passport, your original birth certificate is sent along with your application and returned with the passport.

-If you have a passport and it is expired, still bring it with you. That will make life much easier, and they will not need your birth certificate. If your old passport is lost and expired, you will need to fill out the "lost" form.

-Do not sign the application until you are at the post office, you must take an oath.

-Bring your driver's license and make sure they are current (addresses).

-Bring name change information if you have changed your name.

-Roughly three weeks after submission, you can check status of your application at the passport website.

Hope this helps!

Cameo - we nominate you for GCM Official Travel Agent! Great job!

I do what I can....

We have bets in as to when we will see anything in return.
    It took our passports almost exactly 10 weeks.

And as for bringing expired passports, we were told that since our old ones expired more than 10 years ago, we could not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

And as for bringing expired passports, we were told that since our old ones expired more than 10 years ago, we could not use them.
    That is correct, however, it makes getting a new one much easier since they can validate your info using the previous passports id number. In our case, CM2's old passport was sent along with the application in place of his birth certificate.

Also, if you show up without your expired one, they will make you fill out the "lost passport" form....

Did you just get your passports back recently or was that a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

(
    I hope mine only takes 10 weeks. I applied at the end of May and REALLY need it by the end of September.