vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone find???

Default Did anyone find???

I am just getting around to unpacking form this weekend and wondered if anyone found a grey tarp with blue rope attached to it?
    Apparently T2H set it on the top of my car and told me it was there but I forgot and drove off. It may have fallen on the road anywhere between Ricks house and the main road.

If anyone found it, could you let me know? PM me or email me.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Default Gary has you covered!

I heard they sell those for cheap at H.D. Maybe he can get a discount too.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post

Sorry foxgloves we didn't see any tarp roadkill anywhere.

Lowe's has the heavy duty tarps pretty cheap...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    And I heard they were even cheaper at L***s
    ~ Beach Comber ~

I can't believe I drove off w/ o taking it off my roof... T2H said he told me he had set it on my roof but I don't remember that.

Anyway although it was a nice heavy duty tarp, it can be replaced...better the tarp than my GPS...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    ...better the tarp than my GPS...
    Hmm . . . I seem to recall a certain someone who is always losing his GPSr . . . dropping it into rivers, dropping it into snowbanks for weeks at a time . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I lost my Razorphone off the roof of my car, when Ralph was in the hospital last year. Had walked to find a cache in town along a trail, went to put everything back in my car, sat the phone on the top of the car - was thinking about other things and drove off. Less than 10 minutes later and a retrace of my route - it was gone.

It is frustrating to do things like that but Nikki you are right it's better to be the tarp than the GPS. I had insurance on the phone so that took the sting away.

Try losing your checkbook off the the top of the vehicle. When I realized what I had done I turned around and could only find the register. I was freaking out, but someone picked it up and gave me a call. A few honest people left in the world. My ego took a hit though.

To forget something and loose it off the top or even bumper of your vehcile is easily done. Twice, I have found whole pocketbooks in the road - and called the folks turning them back to them.

Now if only Nikki's tarp said something on the side of it..........

Just two days ago I left a cache in China. About two miles down the road I realized that I did not have my GPS. I imediately turned around and headed back to the cache site to grab it. When I got back there it was still sitting on my trunk where I had signed the log. I wacked myself on the side of the head twice.

I think I would loose what little mind I have left if I had to go any length of time without my GPS.

Oh yes, let me introduce myself. I am PLMerry (aka Pete) up here from Ohio for the next 7+/- weeks filling in for a local Pastor. Some of you might have seen me on you logs. If not I am sure you will.

Pete
    PLMerry