vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Delorme Challenge....

Default The next Delorme Challenge....

As some of you already know, the Rescue Rangers have been working on a new cache series. Maine Natural and Unique Delorme College AS Degree Cache, GC13H9D has just been published!

Not long after I moved to Maine (over 30 years ago), I bought my first Delorme Atlas. Aside from the maps, the thing I liked most was the section describing the Natural and Unique Areas. It was the first time I'd ever heard of Gulf Hagas. My older brother and some friends took a motorcycle trip to see the gorge. Since then, I have tried to go to all of the Natural and Unique areas.

Now, there’s some added incentive!!

Currently, there are caches in 14 of the 70 areas. We are hoping that more caches will be placed. The cache idea specifically encourages EarthCaches as the some of the areas are quite sensitive.

Who will be first to complete this challenge! (On a side note, the words "complete" and "finish" are not mentioned in the cache, so feel free to celebrate your challenge any way you want!)

If you notice any errors or have any questions or suggestions, please let the Rescue_Rangers know.

Kaching Karen, Mainiac1957, tat, Team2hunt

Default Bookmark List?

Tom,

Congratulations on getting this published! I know it took a while and I'm glad to see the work has come to fruition.

In the cache description, it mentions a bookmark list of the existing caches in the areas. Can you include this cache in the list so it shows up or include a link from the cache page to the bookmark list?

Thanks!

About the areas that you listed on the cache page that don't have caches...
    Some of them have/had in the past caches. Silsby Plain had "The Living End" GC6438. I assume that a cache log there would count, but some of the ones you listed have caches currently.
    Bagaduce Falls has "bagaduce river - Maine Rose Series" GC10H9H
    The Whalesback has "Whales Back Micro Cache" GCYN8T
    Sullivan Falls has "Tidal Falls Sullivan Earthcache" GCQ7YK
    Great Head has "Watch your step..." GC98BA
    Biddeford Pool has a couple; "Vines Landing" GCYE1V and "Summer Fun" GC1097P
    This looks like a lot of fun, looking forward to getting my "education" about Maine from this on-line university!

Nice to see it all come together and get approved, guys.

Does anyone have a GPX file of all of the locations, or be able to make one? I'm Not sure if anyone with Delorme software could do this easliy? By locations, i mean of each of the Unique and natural areas, not any nearby caches.

It'd be handy to have - If there is no other way, I can make it myself, or if someone wants to split the load we can merge the files together into one afterward.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-14-2007 at 02:56 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    About the areas that you listed on the cache page that don't have caches...
    Some of them have/had in the past caches. Silsby Plain had "The Living End" GC6438. I assume that a cache log there would count, but some of the ones you listed have caches currently.
    Bagaduce Falls has "bagaduce river - Maine Rose Series" GC10H9H
    The Whalesback has "Whales Back Micro Cache" GCYN8T
    Sullivan Falls has "Tidal Falls Sullivan Earthcache" GCQ7YK
    Great Head has "Watch your step..." GC98BA
    Biddeford Pool has a couple; "Vines Landing" GCYE1V and "Summer Fun" GC1097P
    This looks like a lot of fun, looking forward to getting my "education" about Maine from this on-line university!

Archived caches are elegible, but don't show in the bookmark list because we don't want people to attempt to find an archived cache.

Some (and perhaps all) of the caches above should be on the list.

Thanks a bunch for helping find the ones I missed!

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Tom,

Congratulations on getting this published! I know it took a while and I'm glad to see the work has come to fruition.

In the cache description, it mentions a bookmark list of the existing caches in the areas. Can you include this cache in the list so it shows up or include a link from the cache page to the bookmark list?

Thanks!
    Great idea! In fact, I did make the list but forgot to make it public and viewable!!

Glad you mentioned it!!

Someone is going to ask for the link to the cache page, too!

Maine Natural and Unique Delorme College AS Degree (GC13H9D) by Rescue_Rangers (5/5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Know that a great deal of work has gone into publishing this cache. Congratulations. This is another great way to see and learn about our wonderful State!

It's kind of a shame waterfalls aren't considered to be unique and natural areas by the Gazatteer. Desert of Maine = unique & natural; Moxie Falls = Not unique or natural. What's up with that?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Does She dearly loved this spot (GCH2FE) by Blackdog3832 (1/1.5) qualify for South Bubble Erratic? You can view it from there, even mentions that in the Gazatteer, but you're not really THERE.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!