vb:literal>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Delorme Challenge....

I could see them deleting the ovens if an earthquake hit and the sea washed away the rest, but other than that????

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    I've been lobbying for "The Ovens" to be included as it used to be listed in Delorme but not recently. Anyone have that edition??
    The kids have teased me about my 1988 Edition.........it is listed in this edition.

I don't mind the old one as it is tattered and torn, don't feel guilty writing on the pages and if I lose it - oh, well. My kids say I will get lost because there are new roads, some roads are gone and many renamed.......LOL But, I have a GPSr so why would I get lost?

Good luck in your efforts Frank - agreed - it should be included!

I can see you are taking on quite a challenge yourself with his cache, Tat!

Maiden Cliff ....

There is a great perspective of this from Gravity Outlaw (GC9488) by quietbert (1.5/1.5). It's another one of those "It's a great spot to study it, but you're not really there" places.

IIRC, there are trails to the top, and you can drive right to the base, so a cache could be placed at the cliffs, but the cache mentioned could qualify depending on how liberal you wanted to be.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I stand partially corrected as far as the Ovens are concerned. The icon is on the map pages for the 2003 and 2005 books, but it is not listed in the front under unique areas. I wonder how many others are marked on the maps but not listed?????

I am composing a GPX of the locations and will post it soon.

So far I have noticed for differences between 2003 and 2005:

"The Chimney" is on the 2003 map but not 2005. It's not marked on the map page, either.

Did the same person that stole the ovens steal the chimney??????
    If archived caches are eligible, maybe archived unique area should be, too!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Dave, you should have been a lawyer!

Ok, here is a GPX file of all the areas I have found listed in the gazatteer so far. I marked the The Ovens and The Chimney as archived since they are allegedly not listed in the front of the 2007. (Allegedly is a lawyer word, right, Andy?)

Let me know if any new areas are listed in the 2007 version or if any on my list are no longer in the 2007 book.

http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocach...ique_areas.gpx
    Last edited by brdad; 06-16-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

What the heck is that gobbledygoop anyway?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    What the heck is that gobbledygoop anyway?
    It's GPX file, similar to what you get in your PQs. Don't just click the link, right click and choose "save link as..".

I knew it was too soon to let you out into the world on your own!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Here's a map showing all the locations I have in that file.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

WOW! I can't wait to get home to digest all this.

I'll try to find out why Delorme no longer includes the Ovens. Delorme has a rather big team here at the Trek!!