vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The next Delorme Challenge....

Sheesh! I think I understand this...

Can't you count our Kennebec River Gorge cache (GCY6VG) for map 40, grid E3 (Kennebec River Gorge)?

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    WOW! I can't wait to get home to digest all this.

I'll try to find out why Delorme no longer includes the Ovens. Delorme has a rather big team here at the Trek!!
    maybe they got rid of the ovens... i know there's a few ovens out by my "shawmut fishing hole" cache, there's even a fridge and a couple clothes washers...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

The ovens are in! They are shown on map 16. The index does not include every area. If there is an area shown on the map, it is in.

Thanks for showing me, I had missed it.
    Last edited by tat; 06-17-2007 at 06:37 AM. Reason: fixed capitalization

I looked through a couple old gazateers Lee had and found another 4 "archived" areas and added them to the gpx file I previously posted. I have not checked if they are on the maps however.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ...I have not checked if they are on the maps however.
    That's the key:

They have to be on the 2007 map set.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    That's the key:
    They have to be on the 2007 map set.
    I'd be happy to do that, but I don't have a 2007! perhaps someone else can check?

Looks like you might have to also consider what you'll do when the next edition comes out and they archive one or more of the 2007 areas!

Also, maybe Dave1976 or Mainiac1957 or anyone else that has completed it can enlighten us on any of the areas that might possibly be covered under the logging of the Acadia National Park EarthCache Program?

By the way, in that GPX file, the description as well as the map locations from the gazatteer is there for the archived areas so that you can read about them.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-17-2007 at 08:48 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'd be happy to do that, but I don't have a 2007! perhaps someone else can check?

Looks like you might have to also consider what you'll do when the next edition comes out and they archive one or more of the 2007 areas!

Also, maybe Dave1976 or Mainiac1957 or anyone else that has completed it can enlighten us on any of the areas that might possibly be covered under the logging of the Acadia National Park EarthCache Program?

By the way, in that GPX file, the description as well as the map locations from the gazatteer is there for the archived areas so that you can read about them.

Brad and I talked about that today. You should ask Brad since I suffer from CRS

I think I have this done, but not sure as I need to get into the atlas and do my homework. I hate homework!

Actually when doing the original DeLorme, it took longer to do the homework than it did to do the caches. Such is life!

So how is the updated list coming for what qualifies and what ones do not? I was hoping to catch up with tat in chat last night, but we had company

Don't people know not to visit on a chat night?????
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I'm working on it!!

Gravity Outlaw - Not close enough
    Kennebec River Gorge -Description says "access by raft only".
    She dearly loved this spot - Not close enough
    Summer Fun - Not close enough
    The Jail - Not close enough to the description
    Vines Landing - Not close enough

There were 6 others that were added. The bookmark list is updated, but the page is not as of 7:30 am, est.