vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The next Delorme Challenge....

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I'm working on it!!

Kennebec River Gorge -Description says "access by raft only".
    So... You actually have to be IN the gorge, not AT the gorge? LOL!

(Sheesh!)

(Actually, at the spot where the cache is located, there is a stairway to the water - meant for rescue operations. So you CAN get IN the gorge without having to be in a raft - or a kayak...)

I think our cache should be included.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    So... You actually have to be IN the gorge, not AT the gorge? LOL!

(Sheesh!)

(Actually, at the spot where the cache is located, there is a stairway to the water - meant for rescue operations. So you CAN get IN the gorge without having to be in a raft - or a kayak...)

I think our cache should be included.
    I've never been to that cache, but by your description, I think I would agree. So you have my vote. But it's not my cache.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Arguments for the defense

Well I am glad I wasn't counting on any of those you blacklisted! (Or was I - where is Vines Landing?)

Concerning Quoddy Head and Gullliver's Hole - Gulliver's Hole is only 100 feet from Quoddy Quandry cache, meaning that no cache will be able to be placed closer to it. You can see it right from the trail as you go to the cache. In order to satisfy the .1 mile rule, you'd have to place a cache 200 feet SW of Gullivers Hole - so I vote for that being a twofer!

Cache on the Rocks - Pemaquid Point. While the cache is not right on the point, the parking for it is. You walk the rocks mentioned by Delorme to get to the cache.

I'm not going to argue my archived finds unless necessary!

And I forgot two! Wildes Road Wildlife Management Area should surely qualify for Merrymeeting bay!?!?!?
    and
    The Littleton Esker Earthcache (GCQMHW) (Archived) Added to my list...
    Last edited by brdad; 06-19-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I know you're trying to avoid posting qualified archived caches, but it may help to post them separately without links on the cache page or in a separate bookmark list. I'm sure more people than me will be wondering how many archived caches qualify, and it would save a few emails. If you want some help, I can send you a list of archived caches, just let me know.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-19-2007 at 02:32 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Concerning Littleton Esker: Northwoods Explorer has brought it to my attention there is also an active cache at that esker.

Kames, Kettles, and Other Such Things
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

So is anyone else working on this quest? Msteelee and myself visited West Quoddy head today, and I will confirm my earlier measurements, the cache could not be much closer to Gulleiver's Hole - it should be a twofer!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I'd like to be out getting some caches this weekend, but I have Sunday earmarked for shingling the back half of my roof (and I don't think there are any caches up there...)

I am trying to move, no caches here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I'd like to be out getting some caches this weekend, but I have Sunday earmarked for shingling the back half of my roof (and I don't think there are any caches up there...)
    . . . But I bet if you placed one up there Hiram would try to get to it with his Jeep.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    So is anyone else working on this quest? . . .

I have enough of a problem finding time to look for regular caches and/or log my DNFs unfortunately. I tell ya, work, work around the house, other obligations (ATV Clubs, fire department, etc.) all tend to get in the way of geocaching . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."