vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rumor is true

Default The rumor is true

Yes to all who may have asked is it true that Haffy has moved. The opportunity arose and I took the plunge and have moved down here to Lancaster SC with my sister. Just arrived in Charlotte NC by way of Jet Blue out of Portland yesterday with 2 full suitcases with all my possessions. The rest is in storage at both my other sisters home and my folks home for the time being. I just wanted to let everyone know how much of a family I have become a part of in these last 3 or so years here at GeocachingMaine. It doesn't seem all that long ago that I introduced myself to anyone from Maine in Clayjars chat and Brdad who was and still is an active member of that chat met me at China School Forest cache and showed me the ropes of geocaching. From there everything else is history. The friends I have made through geocaching will last forever. I wasn't fortunate enough to have met a wonderful single woman like brdad did though .

There are tons of work opportunities for me here and I wasn't able to find what I wanted back in Maine so here I am. I won't be finding the time to do much caching here until I get myself situated and employed but for sure I will be on the caching trail sometime in the near future. Caching sure isn't like it was in Maine as all those who went to GW5 can attest to that.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to all my friends back home and I will still be calling this my second home away from home.

I also need some volunteers to take over my caches if you want to adopt them or I can archive them, either way they need new owners and I would like for someone to adopt them if at all possible. Just send me an email if anyone is interested in them. Here is the list of my caches.

Perkins Stream Mystery
    China School Forest
    French's Mountain
    Mill Island Park Multi
    Cache Across America - Maine
    Yankee Woodlot Nature Trail

I know everyone would have liked to say their goodbyes and I would have also liked to but I was so busy getting moved out and making all the arrangements that I just didn't have the time. This all happened within a weeks time and I had to make the move while I had the chance. This isn't a goodbye really but just another Hello from another part of the country.... I'll still be around here on the site and would still like to be a member of the board if they still want me...

Wishing everyone the best and send me an email at anytime through this site or my Yahoo account. Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Well, SHEESH, Haffy! Gonna be kinda hard to tease you when you're so far away! LOL!

Maine Geocaching has suffered a loss. You were - and I guess will continue to be - an important part of our community. Good luck, and watch out for the snakes and aligators! LOL!

Haffy - you will be missed! I hardly got to know you but your influence on the sport is evident and this site is evident. Times, tides and life change and sometimes in a flash - as I well know.

My personal very best to you. I know you will stay in touch. Someone who has touched one's life is never really gone.

Gunna missya Haffy... (whose gunna check my coords now???)

Hope you find what you're lookin for down there. (lotsa beautiful beach scenery down there)

and I can help ya take care of the Perkins and China caches.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Best wishes John.

Smile Good Luck!

Good luck John! Charron and I will always remember the first time we met you at Hinckley and got two FTF's together that day. Hopefully the winds of fortune will bring you back to Maine.

It's been a pleasure to know you and cache with you. You will be missed greatly at events, and on the trail. We will look for you here though! Best of luck with your new opportunities!

Hope to see you again Haffy! You have been an asset to the Maine contingent. After you get settled in, I expect to see your numbers moving again (new, fresh territory and all that...)

We're ganna miss you, but you are going to a really unique place. The beaches are the best on the east coast, and wait 'till you see the mountains!!

Good luck and all the best!!

Default And don't forget the best thing to see!!

The Boiling Springs Earthcache
    Happy Trails!