vb:literal>

Thread: Hi from PLMerry

Smile Hi from PLMerry

Like Tails and Trails I to have just busted on in. Some of you might have seen me in your logs of replies that I have all ready posted.

I will be here in OH for the next 7+/1 weeks. I am filling in for a paster that is on leave and will be heading back to seminary in OH and hopefully a full-time job. My wife and kids like to eat after all.

I am looking for three geocaching activities while I am up here.

1. Horseback caching, or anyone that will let a TX cowboy trail ride a horse or even just visit some. Yeah I know I said I am from OH, but I moved there to attend seminary, and yes I grew up in CT, but the US Army thought I needed to be in Corpus Christi, TX for 5 years. As far as the cowboy part I've worn boot and a hat for 16 years and have ridden in 13 states (including ME about 20 years ago) and two providences.

2. I need some one who is interested in do some remote, and/or mountain top caches with me colminating with the Katadin (Baxter Peak) cache and take a stoll ove to Pamola peak if not to windy. I normally cache alone, but for safties sake I would rather not head into cellular free zones all alone.

3. I am looking for Coffee, Pizza or other group events. I would be interested in the Geocaching trip to Canada. Unfortunately that event is on the 23rd which if my memory serves me correct is a Sunday. That is a bad day since my only reason for being here is to preach on Sundays.

Oh yeah, for the record I am male and 39+ (no I am not 40, yet.....) so any female geocachers in their low 20's would be nice. Only kidding!!!! Please do not take that seriously, after all I am mariied (very happily) with two teenagers.

If interested I could create and event cache and have you all come to hear me preach. Not that I want to scare any of you off and Jake probably still would not show up.

Hope to see you on the hunt.

Default Welcome to Maine

By the sound of your introduction you'll fit right in with this group. We certainly don't take ourselves too serious. Hope to run into you sometime while you're here. I am up near Bangor where there are plenty of good caches to do, including a couple of decent hikes within 15 or so miles. If you get up this way drop me a PM and maybe we'll get together.
    Mainiac1957 aka Brad
    Happy Trails!

Wish I was there right now as I lived only a couple of miles from the church in Fairfield. God works in mysterious ways does he not? Anyway I'm in SC and will be attending the Lancaster SBC here in town with my sister and her family. You'll find this group of cachers the best and wish you the best with your stay here in Maine. Haffy

PS check out my caches in area, all are good caches with either a nice view, hike or both, (shameless plug) and I hope that they are all adopted sometime soon as well. I have never ridden a horse so can't help you out with that one
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by PLMerry View Post
    Like Tails and Trails I to have just busted on in. Some of you might have seen me in your logs of replies that I have all ready posted.

I will be here in OH for the next 7+/1 weeks. I am filling in for a paster that is on leave and will be heading back to seminary in OH and hopefully a full-time job. My wife and kids like to eat after all.

I am looking for three geocaching activities while I am up here.

1. Horseback caching, or anyone that will let a TX cowboy trail ride a horse or even just visit some. Yeah I know I said I am from OH, but I moved there to attend seminary, and yes I grew up in CT, but the US Army thought I needed to be in Corpus Christi, TX for 5 years. As far as the cowboy part I've worn boot and a hat for 16 years and have ridden in 13 states (including ME about 20 years ago) and two providences.

2. I need some one who is interested in do some remote, and/or mountain top caches with me colminating with the Katadin (Baxter Peak) cache and take a stoll ove to Pamola peak if not to windy. I normally cache alone, but for safties sake I would rather not head into cellular free zones all alone.

3. I am looking for Coffee, Pizza or other group events. I would be interested in the Geocaching trip to Canada. Unfortunately that event is on the 23rd which if my memory serves me correct is a Sunday. That is a bad day since my only reason for being here is to preach on Sundays.

Oh yeah, for the record I am male and 39+ (no I am not 40, yet.....) so any female geocachers in their low 20's would be nice. Only kidding!!!! Please do not take that seriously, after all I am mariied (very happily) with two teenagers.

If interested I could create and event cache and have you all come to hear me preach. Not that I want to scare any of you off and Jake probably still would not show up.

Hope to see you on the hunt.
    I don't know about the horses, but there are a few of my caches on multi-use trails that are accessible by horses (and ATVs and snowmobiles in season) . . . The Book-nobile and I've Found My Thrill. Since I'm not a "horse person" (more of a "horse power person") you might want to try David and Paula Leavitt of Troy (they should be in the Waterville phone book listing) as they have horses and might point you in the direction of someone that rents horses (if folks even do that) or at the very least give you an idea of some folks that might take you out on some trails.

It's not an event, but if you get half a chance make your way out to Unity to get some pizza at the Unity House of Pizza -- I'm a bit biased, but they make some of the best pizza I've ate in Maine. Feel free to tell them that Jake sent you . . . and they'll look at you as if you're half crazy since no one here knows me by that name. Seriously though . . . it's good pizza and you can do a few caches out this way (OK, semi-shameless plug for my caches. )

If you're around in late-July Hiram should have his Tread Lightly camping/four wheeling event up and running . . . you can show up just for the day if you need to be back on a Sunday.

As for a preaching geocaching event . . . a) I don't tend to do events and b) after many, many years of attending church as a kid I no longer do the church thing as I do not personally believe in organized religion (not that there's anything wrong with it -- just not my thing.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."