vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kangamangus to Lincoln trip!

Talking Kangamangus to Lincoln trip!

Teamdozer12 and lovecaching is going camping in Lincoln NH, next week. I of course have been searching for area caches down the Kangamangus and in the area we are staying. So my question for you is, have you been here caching and what is a 'MUST DO' cache?! Keep in mind that we will have 4 kids ages 5, 6, 8 and 8 with us! Thanks...any input would be greatly appreciated!

TD12, my suggestion would be the Madison Boulder Earthcache located in Madison, NH. It's a little off your path, but worth the visit. Here's a link to the cache page. Have a great trip!

Thanks Cache Maine! That definitely sounds like a good one to check out! Either on this trip, or another time! Thanks for sharing!

We drove that road last summer and it was awesome. stopped and swam in the river and lots of nice pull offs. we stopped and did GCKDJR Rocky Gorge. Nice trail not a park and grab but not too far either. My kids were a bit older 9 & 11.

d.
    Last edited by dragonflys; 06-19-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: some how stuff got embedded in post
    Make love not micros

We use to go tubing there years ago. We had a ball, but water levels are not what they use to be now days.
    Blazing Troll

The last time I was there we had a rainstorm for 3 days and the Pemigewassett river washed away a dam and overflowed its banks and we were stuck in our campground for 3 days. It was total destruction the whole length of the river. That was way back in the 70's sometime if I remember correctly. Also the campgrounds were like $2 a night on the honor system to put 2 bux in the container. How things change huh?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Back in the days when "locationless (reverse) caches" were allowed, RULOST2? and I managed to fulfill the requirements of a "wildlife in action" cache by photographing a bear cub on the Kankamagus! LOL! Make sure you watch for game - it's a wild-and-wooly stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Back in the days when "locationless (reverse) caches" were allowed, RULOST2? and I managed to fulfill the requirements of a "wildlife in action" cache by photographing a bear cub on the Kankamagus! LOL! Make sure you watch for game - it's a wild-and-wooly stretch!
    Watching Hiram at an event would also qualify for a "Wildlife in action" locationless cache too, right?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    The last time I was there we had a rainstorm for 3 days and the Pemigewassett river washed away a dam and overflowed its banks and we were stuck in our campground for 3 days. It was total destruction the whole length of the river. That was way back in the 70's sometime if I remember correctly. Also the campgrounds were like $2 a night on the honor system to put 2 bux in the container. How things change huh?
    The place we are staying is only $21 a night! Not to bad! Plus $4 extra for the two extra kiddos. 3 nights= $75 divided by two...so we are paying $37.50 each! It's not 2 bucks a night, but certainly cheaper than a tank of gas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Watching Hiram at an event would also qualify for a "Wildlife in action" locationless cache too, right?
    If you had attended the "Slipping into Summer" event, you'd know how right you are! LOL!