vb:literal>

Thread: American Cancer Society Relay for Life

Thumbs up American Cancer Society Relay for Life

Our very own geocaching EMSDanel was the chairperson of the Relay for Life this past weekend in Ellsworth. Their endeavor was very successful, raising over $61,000 for the Cancer Society. This was $11,000 over this years goal.

EMSDanel's has a personal and passionate reason to chair this event. I wonder if there is any way in another year, if we, as Geocachers, might be willing and able as a group to support this event. Personally, I have been touched by cancer and I am sure there are many more.

Geocaching has helped many of us cope, deal, adjust, be healthy and just so many other things when cancer touches or is close. Let's all think about this for another year.

And to EMSDanel - Congrats on such a successful event! A job well done!

Lee and I were talking about this when we were helping the team in Old Town not too long ago. It is good cause, but would not be allowed as an event. But they could all still camp out together and take turns making walking the track which could be fun.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

very impressive accopmlishment!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ....But they could all still camp out together and take turns making walking the track which could be fun.
    could have an event beforehand promoting the event..?? and if it involves camping i'm in!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    very impressive accopmlishment!

could have an event beforehand promoting the event..?? and if it involves camping i'm in!
    You can't do events for charities - you'd have to find a way to get around that.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You can't do events for charities - you'd have to find a way to get around that.
    thats why do it before the charity event. say we were to have an event, then afterwards those that wanted to could stay and be part of the charity event, but dont have the cache event associated with the charity event, but use the cache event as a way to encourage people to come along.

thats why do it before the charity event. say we were to have an event, then afterwards those that wanted to could stay and be part of the charity event, but dont have the cache event associated with the charity event, but use the cache event as a way to encourage people to come along.
    You got it - we are only limited by our desire and ablility to create something within the guidelines. It could be a Signature Item Trading Event, a Coin Discovery Event (EMSDanel could bring his whole collection for us to discover LOL), a paddle on the Union River and sleep over, a wings and beer somewhere ( I know I have you really hooked now Hiram!) or anything we think would be fun. For that matter maybe Ellsworth has an area that need CITO with a camp out.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    You got it - we are only limited by our desire and ablility to create something within the guidelines. It could be a Signature Item Trading Event, a Coin Discovery Event (EMSDanel could bring his whole collection for us to discover LOL), a paddle on the Union River and sleep over, a wings and beer somewhere ( I know I have you really hooked now Hiram!) or anything we think would be fun. For that matter maybe Ellsworth has an area that need CITO with a camp out.

wings, beer, campout... SOLD!!!! when's the evnt?

I know of a place to camp just outside ellsworth on Rt 1....

wings, beer, campout... SOLD!!!! when's the evnt?

I know of a place to camp just outside ellsworth on Rt 1....
    Say I think I've been there once or twice . . . well, OK, just once.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I think Dan's event is like Father's Day weekend every year. I know we can work with Dan on this one and he would appreciate our support. This is also my husband''s birthday weekend.......so there are like soooo many things we could do.

We should also think about supporting with our own event maybe the one in Old Town too - for those cachers who are up that way - come on - speak up. Event ideas and places up that way????