Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had some luck last week

Default Had some luck last week

I know some do not like the hunting stuff so bear with me.

After 14 years of entering the Maine Moose Lottery I finally drew a moose hunting tag. Area 6 (Houlton and north, I grew up there for a while) Bull Moose and the September season. I guess I will be doing some northern caches as I travel up that way to do some scouting.

Congratulations Gob-ler! Nobody got one around here...but several are still going North to experience the hunt as spectators.

Now you have to practice your moose call.

Default Way to go Dick...

Save me a steak will ya! I haven't had moose for quite awhile. Good luck to you.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!

Congrats Gobbler!!

(does this mean there's gunna be a moose supper event???)

I didn't have any luck this year though... or last year... or the year before.. or... *sigh* but it looks like plenty of folks from outta state got a permit...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Congrats on that! I am no longer a hunter, not because I have anything against it, only for lack of time and I'd rather shoot with a camera.

My father entered both of us in the moose lottery every year from the first one up until he died a few years ago, and neither of us ever won. Fortunately we had a cousin who did win and he got to go out with him once. Moosemeat is good stuff.

In 2002 my father managed to bag a 14 point buck that made it to the skull and antler club record book.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

dí76 Guest

Congrats Dick, I will be looking forward to having some moose meat. LOL

Yeah! That is great! It has been years since Jeff has gotten one! Congrats and have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Congrats on that! I am no longer a hunter, not because I have anything against it, only for lack of time and I'd rather shoot with a camera.

My father entered both of us in the moose lottery every year from the first one up until he died a few years ago, and neither of us ever won. Fortunately we had a cousin who did win and he got to go out with him once. Moosemeat is good stuff.

In 2002 my father managed to bag a 14 point buck that made it to the skull and antler club record book.

AWESOME RACK!!!

Wicked Good!

I won the Moose lottery in 2005 for a cow for the area south of Houlton. We came home with one. Bulls were easier to find that year we went. For the first three days we only saw bulls and then on the fourth day we got our cow.

Congratulations and good luck.
    Blazing Troll