vb:literal>

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The long awaited "Return of the ORCA"

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I think without home brew - you could just bring a balloon kit from Sam's and there would be some good laughs!

Wished it wasn't my class reunion - arghhhh!
    awww cmon, class reunions are overrated, send em a post card.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I think without home brew - you could just bring a balloon kit from Sam's and there would be some good laughs!

Wished it wasn't my class reunion - arghhhh!
    I still have the balloon kit from my event. I will bring it and the camcorder. I want to put together a good video this time. I have been working on my editing techniques.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I still have the balloon kit from my event. I will bring it and the camcorder. I want to put together a good video this time. I have been working on my editing techniques.

can I plead the 5th and demand a lawyer early??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    Been looking forward to this one coming up. Missed it last year due to moving. Question on your definition of off-road capable? Are we talking functioning 4x4 with tires that are not bald? Or are we talking 6 inch body lifts, woolly boogers and a snorkel?

If I promise to bring home-brew to the camping portion of the event can I attend even though I drive a Mercury AND use a Magellan?
    We'd love to have you come out . . . and in answer to your question it would be Selection A on the Happy Meal Menu . . . a 4WD vehicle should be more than adequate . . . assuming we did the same type of stuff we did last year in terms of terrain . . . no snorkels, Detroit lockers, 33 inch tires, etc. should be needed . . . but if anyone shows up with something like this we would all be suitably impressed.

Oh yeah, I should add that I too am a Magellan user . . . I just have to get my digs in before anyone else can . . . not that it stops anyone else though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    lol, why does that all sound like stuff you can take from the fire station...

i was thinkin stuff along those lines (off road/adventure oriented) maybe get tow straps (for being towed) for non jeep owners and pull straps (for pulling) for the jeep owners... awww jeeze... why don't ya just get AAA memberships... lol, I haven't looked into it yet, but I was thinking one of those jump start emergency kits, that has the battery booster and roadside emergency stuff in it, I think I saw them at cabelas a few months back for pretty cheap. Map & Compass would be good for the magellan users (but they would have to come with very detailed instructions...)
    Do you suppose they would miss the stuff . . . I mean it's not like we need the cold weather suit in the summer, right?

OK, those are some good ideas . . . in the next couple of weeks I'll take spin out to VIP or some other suitable place and see what I can pick up for some give-aways.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

But all are welcome to show up for the event, even if ya don't have a 4x4, I'm sure somone will have an open seat.
    Just to echo this here . . . I should have space for 1-3 other people if anyone would like to come, but doesn't want to drive or doesn't have a suitable vehicle for off-road.

Also, Hiram . . . just to be clear . . . you did say there were ATV trails near or running past the campground???

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the 4x4. Looks like the Mountaineer could handle it. Sounds like a fun event. Going to make every effort to attend. Looking forward to meeting more of the people from this group.
    Just make sure there's plenty of space in the back . . . we'll be going behind Hiram's Jeep and picking up the parts so he can reassemble the Jeep at a later date.

awww cmon, class reunions are overrated, send em a post card.
    Isn't that what you said last week when you were trying to cajole me into blowing off my friend's wedding in the County to go camping/caching with you and Misawalala?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    And I'll bring my . . . I mean a borrowed high-winder digital camera to take some pics of the event to make a slideshow . . . maybe I can get the pics to Rick afterwards and in his spare time he can add music to it.

I am hoping to make this, it sounds like a blast, and hey if Rick is bringing the balloons & camcorder then I will have to make it!