vb:literal>

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The long awaited "Return of the ORCA"

It is still looking iffy for me. My truck did not get fixed and everyone else is going up Friday night and Mike is still working on his truck it looks like.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    It is still looking iffy for me. My truck did not get fixed and everyone else is going up Friday night and Mike is still working on his truck it looks like.
    Ya just gotta have faith Rick . . . well that and more friends apparently. So how about it . . . anyone out there want to help out Rick . . . even if you don't have a 4WD vehicle if you can get there you'll be able to get a ride from someone that does. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I just now (Noon) got a call that the Jeep is done. Assuming everything works as it should, and the Death Wobble is gone, I plan on attending. I'm not sure about bringing the camper as you are not supposed to tow anything until there are at least 500 miles on the new gears. I should know more this evening after a test drive.

It is not looking good for me right now, but I will keep you posted.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    I just now (Noon) got a call that the Jeep is done. Assuming everything works as it should, and the Death Wobble is gone, I plan on attending. I'm not sure about bringing the camper as you are not supposed to tow anything until there are at least 500 miles on the new gears. I should know more this evening after a test drive.
    Just bring some spare parts like Hiram does and you should be all good to go.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Default Hey Jake!

Do you know if and when you are coming up? Just to keep you posted. I should be there around 5:30 Friday afternoon. Just so you don't think you'll be the only one there early.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Just bring some spare parts like Hiram does and you should be all good to go.
    Ha ha--spare we have, though an unexpected bout of death wobble may require a spare pair of skivvies.

For the uninitiated, death Wobble (DW) can affect any solid axle, coil sprung vehicle. Here is a video of an early Bronco experiencing DW:
    http://www.emotoman.com/videos/dw.mpg

Any looseness/wear in front end components can cause this, as can a bad alignment. In my case, all the front end parts are new, but the alignment (caster and toe) were WAY off, allowing the vibrations to start after hitting a small bump at around 45 MPH or so.

Death Wobble That is funny, well not really. Team Teebow 1's (TOM) truck had a bout of that Memorial Day Weekend. It is all fixed now. Pretty scary when you are traveling behind a Death Wobble vehicle. Not to mention Team Teebow 3 was driving the truck at the time. He has his permit. YIKES!!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Forecast

Myself and 1manteam will not be headed your way if the forecast holds true, and they call for rain on Saturday. Too far to go and just get wet.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Do you know if and when you are coming up? Just to keep you posted. I should be there around 5:30 Friday afternoon. Just so you don't think you'll be the only one there early.
    I'm leaving Friday morning and going the round-about way to get there . . . depending on where I end up I may roll in sometime that evening and meet up with you guys (Aaron and Steph should be coming that evening as well) or I may find another campsite and meet up with you guys sometime the next morning.