vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Putting money aside for Geocaching Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I believe the CafePress does just that type of thing.

http://www.cafepress.com/?CMP=KNC-Y-...WID=6030297011
    Cafepress in my opinion is expensive.
    Here is a good example. Look at our cagepress site here http://www.cafepress.com/gcmaine.

You will see the prices on some shirts I set up a long time ago. If you notice the prices you will see you are not going to get a shirt for under $14.
    The prices on this page are my prices at cost(no profit).
    Now think about it. If we want to make a profit off cafepress then we would have to jack the prices up to about $5 each. That would make the shirts $20 and that does not even include shipping. Shipping is $5, so now that that brings the price of the shirt up to $25.
    Even without jacking up the price to make a profit the price of the shirt with shipping in almost $20. That is to much in my opinion to pay for a cotton shirt.

I can get cotton shirts like the ones above made up for $5 to $6 depending on how many I order. I usually have to at least 24 in the order but sometime I can swing a deal and get the same price on smaller order.
    Blazing Troll

That IS expensive, even if it's a nice shirt.

Hey it was just a suggestion. You wanted some examples and I came up with one that's all. Remember what Beachcomber just said in an earlier thread? LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hey it was just a suggestion. You wanted some examples and I came up with one that's all. Remember what Beachcomber just said in an earlier thread? LOL
    I understand it was just an example Haffy. I was just pointing out that it is not as cheap as everyone thinks it is. I was not getting on your case. I was just letting people know.
    Blazing Troll

Kind of off subject but I like whoever had the wishlist idea . . . people could (and you would be surprised at how quickly they do) donate money if they know someone wants/needs something specific.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    Kind of off subject but I like whoever had the wishlist idea . . . people could (and you would be surprised at how quickly they do) donate money if they know someone wants/needs something specific.
    Towards that end . . . please send money to the . . . .

A) Send Jake to Alaska Fund . . . to visit his sick sister (well she was sick about four months ago and I'm sure she could become sick again)

B) Jake Needs the Top End of His Snowmobile Redone Fund . . . this is important so that Jake can snowmobile into Winter Camping Events without fear of his snowmobile breaking down in middle of nowhere . . . well Abbot

C) Jake Is Carpentry Challenged And Could Use a Contractor to Finish Renovating His House Fund . . . this will allow me more time to geocache and less time painting, sanding, repainting, resanding, repainting, etc. walls

D) Jake's Mustang Fund . . . this will allow Jake to quickly get to caches and maximize his geocaching in the time he has left before he dies (which should sometime in his mid-60s if genetics hold true )

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    D) Jake's Mustang Fund . . . this will allow Jake to quickly get to caches and maximize his geocaching in the time he has left before he dies (which should sometime in his mid-60s if genetics hold true )

I won't support anything that goes towards a ford... How about a bueller wildcat???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default my 2 cents worth..

I think the idea of a banner is a good one and put me in for 20.00.

I also like the idea of just putting out an ammo can at events for whatever someone wants to raise money for. Then I can choose to make a donation and help the cause of not. What does it matter who and how much we raise. We always seem to get it done.

I do not like the idea of adding any costs to the Maine coin, since someone out of state may object. " That coin cost me an extra buck for what! " might put the GM.org in a bad light, and hurt future sales, and our reputation.

kayaker's suggestion for a "wish list thread" would get the ball rolling, and help out in the future. Let's start it out with the idea for a Geocachingmaine.org banner!!

We are a great group of friends and cachers. Let's just keep it that way. Like a big extended family! You don't fix what aint broken.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.