vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When would you remove one of your caches?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Trout
    Yeah, but you are planning to put it back, right? That's not what I was referring to. That's a simple downtime to do maintenance and I think that's not only acceptable, it is expected.

I'm talking about when someone just up and permenently archives and removes their cache without any warning or reason given other than something like, "Cache removed and archived" or "I think this one has run its course" or "This one no longer interests me" or whatever.

Honestly, I don't know if I plan to put it back in the same area. Too much local traffic for my taste. THere always was. I removed it since THETEAM went there, but had always thought about getting it out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey Jen,what do you mean by deleting 2 of his logs?
    I deleted 2 of THETEAMs logs for the following reasons. He logged GILBERT STREET SCHOOL cache twice.. which is a NO-NO.

And he logged Bicentennial Park One as a find when he couldn't have. The date he posted.. the cache was in my car. He said he traded items, but those items aren't in the cache and they didn't sign the log book.

To me those things are wrong.. so I deleted his "finds".

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Geochicks
    Honestly, I don't know if I plan to put it back in the same area. Too much local traffic for my taste. THere always was. I removed it since THETEAM went there, but had always thought about getting it out of there.
    After reading all the stuff about THETEAM in your thread on the gc.com forum I can see why you wouldn't want to put it back. That to do me is an absolutely valid reason to archive a cache.

Default The Team

Quote Originally Posted by Geochicks
    I just yanked one of my caches tonight because I am a little worried about the aftermath of THETEAM after I deleted 2 of his logs.

I was just on GC.com and clicked on the Profile of "The Team", and found that they have been banned by admin on the site. I guess someone listened to the complaints.
    Last edited by attroll; 06-29-2004 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I was just on GC.com and clicked on the Profile of "The Team", and found that they have been banned by admin on the site. I guess someone listened to the complaints.
    Hey, great news! Regardless of how they respond, I'm glad to see GC took action.
    Last edited by attroll; 06-29-2004 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Yeah that is great news.Don't think it will be enough to stop them but maybe with any luck the authorities have been in touch with them also. I did also check some of the outlying caches in their area and from the looks of them there are a couple of those too that might have been their victims.One comes to mind and that is Ayuh cache in the St George state park, I noticed it was full and then all of a sudden the next log it was empty. Kind of suspicious don't you think? The other was the one in Vaughn's woods in Hallowell.I contacted both owners about them and haven't gotten replies but the Ayuh owner couldn't be contacted as his email addy has been moved. Just hope this is the end of it all but I wouldn't count on it. Haffy6

Default Just curious...

What going to stop these guys from registering a new gc.com name? Also...how are we sure they aren't a member here and lurking these very boards? If they are banned from gc.com does that mean they can no longer search for caches? (Lots of questions...I don't have the answers!)

Nothing will stop them but moving on to some other mischief. Hopefully that will be soon And they can move on to prison where we can support them for 20 years. Much of the evidence against them has been backed up, so if they kept it up there is still that. And they know we have their names, addresses and phone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Yeah that is great news.Don't think it will be enough to stop them but maybe with any luck the authorities have been in touch with them also. I did also check some of the outlying caches in their area and from the looks of them there are a couple of those too that might have been their victims.One comes to mind and that is Ayuh cache in the St George state park, I noticed it was full and then all of a sudden the next log it was empty. Kind of suspicious don't you think? The other was the one in Vaughn's woods in Hallowell.I contacted both owners about them and haven't gotten replies but the Ayuh owner couldn't be contacted as his email addy has been moved. Just hope this is the end of it all but I wouldn't count on it. Haffy6
    I have corresponded with the Vaughn Woods owner, and we agreed his was a victim as well.

I just talked with the owner of the Hallowell Hideaway cache and they said they were hoping to get the cache replaced this weekend. Hope nothing happens to it again.