vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Another Cachemate Question

Did you enter a distance???

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Did you enter a distance???
    I tried it with and without a distance plugged in and I just get a blank listing (not a blank screen -- just a blank listing.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Interesting!

When I search with 0 miles it lists all the caches, with 30 miles it gives only those within 30 miles.

I usually search from a known cache. ie from the Cachemate list of all find a cache and when the "Info' comes up select Cachemate, Nearest Caches,

It already has the coordinates for the cache , hit OK. All directions are checked. I enter 30 in distance , no boxes checked. hit OK

It does computation and shows the caches within the specified range.

A house is not a home without a cat.

I have personal computer in home. But I think it is better if pocket computer is available.

================================================== ======

casseysmith

Maine Alcohol Addiction Treatment

FFJ,
    Maybe if you make more LADDERS, it'll work. LOL!!!!
    Opalsns

An old thread brought back from the dead . . . actually my Palm somehow fixed itself when I uploaded the updated Pocket Queries from GSAK into the Palm . . . I don't know how and I don't know why . . . all I know is that it works now so I'm happy.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Default GSAK and Cachemate

Papa_Bear Left (Ian) has been the inspiration for me to change to almost total paper free caching (exception listed below) and for this I thank him for his help and advice. However, there is another method that is similar but is easier (and slightly cheaper - always a bonus) to use than PBL's technique using iSiloX (PC program) and iSilo (Palm OS PDA program). This method also uses the well-known and increasingly useful GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) but this time with a program called Cachemate. There are now 2 versions of Cachemate for PDAs. One is for the Palm OS type and the other is for Pocket PC type. I write this article mainly from the Palm OS perspective, for that is the PDA type I own.

------------------------
    Aniecruz

Quote Originally Posted by Aniecruz View Post
    Papa_Bear Left (Ian) has been the inspiration for me to change to almost total paper free caching (exception listed below) and for this I thank him for his help and advice. However, there is another method that is similar but is easier (and slightly cheaper - always a bonus) to use than PBL's technique using iSiloX (PC program) and iSilo (Palm OS PDA program). This method also uses the well-known and increasingly useful GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) but this time with a program called Cachemate. There are now 2 versions of Cachemate for PDAs. One is for the Palm OS type and the other is for Pocket PC type. I write this article mainly from the Palm OS perspective, for that is the PDA type I own.

------------------------
    Aniecruz

Uh . . . I'm not exactly sure what is being said here. Maybe it's just me being dense (well more dense than usual) but this is my translation of the above thread.

Gibberish goobly gook caching gibberish goobly gook advice gibberish goobly gook bonus gibberish goobly gook PC gibberish goobly gook Hiram is a-number one geocacher gibberish goobly gook GSKA gibberish goobly gook Cachemate gibberish goobly gook PDA.

Whats With The Maine Alcohol Addiction Treatment Link. This Is The Third Post In The Last Two Weeks I've Seen With This. All By Different Usernames. The First One Was By A User Named Hennry That Sparked Off A Whole Thing About Ip Addresses. Then The Two Above.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    Whats With The Maine Alcohol Addiction Treatment Link. This Is The Third Post In The Last Two Weeks I've Seen With This. All By Different Usernames. The First One Was By A User Named Hennry That Sparked Off A Whole Thing About Ip Addresses. Then The Two Above.
    I'm thinking about Spam. Fried spam with eggs. Spam chopped up and mixed with mayonaise on bread. Spam with. . . .