vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Another Cachemate Question

I would go to the original program and uninstall everything associated with Cahemate and then reinstall everything again along with the Mathlib and PRC programs. Hope that does the trick.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I would go to the original program and uninstall everything associated with Cahemate and then reinstall everything again along with the Mathlib and PRC programs. Hope that does the trick.
    I haven't heard of this problem before, but something in my gut is telling me that it isn't a Cachemate problem. Something else...

Or it could be those 2 tacos I had for lunch talking back...

Sheesh!

Since I went on a caching trip to the County a couple weeks ago I decided to not mess around with CM or GSAK too much less I risk deleting everything and not being able to use my PDA at all. However, today I had some time so I deleted everything and then reinstalled everything . . . and I still have the same problem. Any more suggestions?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

What kind of PDA do you have? Did you do a "hard reset" on the PDA before you reinstalled everything?

Did you post the question in the Cachemate forums? http://www.smittyware.com/forums/

I don;t know how forthcoming they are with answers but it is a start anyway.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    What kind of PDA do you have? Did you do a "hard reset" on the PDA before you reinstalled everything?
    Palm TX . . . and no I didn't do a hard or even a soft reset before reinstalling. I just turned the unit off and then on again. Maybe this is the next thing to try.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Did you post the question in the Cachemate forums? http://www.smittyware.com/forums/

I don;t know how forthcoming they are with answers but it is a start anyway.
    I haven't tried this yet . . . maybe it's time I broke down and cast the proverbial wider net to see if I can get some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Palm TX . . . and no I didn't do a hard or even a soft reset before reinstalling. I just turned the unit off and then on again. Maybe this is the next thing to try.
    Try it. A hard reset should clear out the odd strands of code that may be corrupting your program. Can't hurt, if you've already deleted everything anyway...

Default too many caches...

I used to have that error message show up when looking for "nearest". I had too many caches in the Palm for the memory to work, I think it was around 2800 or so. I made the databases smaller and that worked. Hope this helps.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I have to say I'm like that monkey in the zoo . . . I'll keep poking buttons until either the banana comes out or in my case the program starts working correctly . . . I'm about halfway there now . . . the Cachemate "find caches nearest to this cache" feature now works, but it comes up with a blank listing . . . back to poking buttons I guess.