vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Another Cachemate Question

Default RE: Another Cachemate Question

I tell ya, it's me and electronics . . . sometimes the good ol' days of toting along half a ream of paper seemed easier.

Lately the Cachemate program has come up with a message stating that there is an error building my cache list due to an error or user cancel . . . it does this whenever I try to use the "find nearest locations to this cache" feature which often proves quite handy . . . especially if you don't have area caches mapped out ahead of time.

Any suggestions . . . has anyone else had this problem? Everything else seems to be working fine with the program.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Palm or PocketPC? I don't have my PocketPC in front of me, but is there a way to rebuild or reindex the database?

I posted the question on the GC forums and this is one answer I received that might be of some help. http://www.smittyware.com/forums/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I don't see that you've got any replies yet on their forum (SmittyWare that is)...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I posted the question on the GC forums and this is one answer I received that might be of some help. http://www.smittyware.com/forums/
    Thanks Haffy . . . no answers yet . . . but I've marked the site and thread in case someone has an idea . . . I'm hoping and thinking it's probably something stupid that I've done.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Jake

When you installed Cachemate did you also install the Mathlib program addon?

When you do a find the nearest search it is the mathlib addon that does the computing.

If you have installed the addon program then you might try removing cachemate and reinstalling it. Sometimes that works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Jake

When you installed Cachemate did you also install the Mathlib program addon?

When you do a find the nearest search it is the mathlib addon that does the computing.

If you have installed the addon program then you might try removing cachemate and reinstalling it. Sometimes that works wonders.
    I don't think I installed the ML program . . . just Cachemate . . . unless it was bundled with CM and I didn't realize it at the time.

If memory serves me correctly, the MathLib addon is available at the same page where cachemate is. Just click on it to download and then run it. That should stop the error message your getting and allow the search to complete.

Mathlib is at the bottom of the cachemate page, just click on it or here is the link:

http://www.radiks.net/~rhuebner/mathlib.html
    Last edited by Gob-ler; 06-28-2007 at 07:16 AM. Reason: adding the link for Mathlib

It should have been bundled with the program at least it was with mine along with the prc program.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, the MathLib addon is available at the same page where cachemate is. Just click on it to download and then run it. That should stop the error message your getting and allow the search to complete.

Mathlib is at the bottom of the cachemate page, just click on it or here is the link:

http://www.radiks.net/~rhuebner/mathlib.html
    OK, Haffy was right . . . I found it with the other CM program stuff. I hot synched it again to my Palm . . . no changes. I then tried hot synching the CM program to the Palm with the idea of restarting . . . again no changes. Do I need to first remove the MathLib add-on and/or CM program before hot synching it or does a hot synch automatically replace the older program . . . and if I do need to remove the program or programs manually how do I do this?